Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing idea...Want honest opinions

4 posters

Go down

Marketing idea...Want honest opinions Empty Marketing idea...Want honest opinions

Post by MissViolet Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 am

Hubby and I built a new home in a HUGE developing area. New mall going in, exit to I75 being added there etc... The model/sales centers around here are TEEMING with people every weekend. Of course people looking for homes have their kids with them so... What do you guys think of offering face painting at the sales center a few saturdays? I KNOW that FREE is a four letter word but the potential connect with people who will live this close to me is undeniable. There are literally 10 subdivisions within 6 miles of us out here. If you can think of a better way to approach it then let me know. I do have excellent rapport with the sales consultant here. Trading Xmas gifts pop in visits etc...I need input but this is a unique opportunity that could provide a built in set of clients right in my backyard Help !!
MissViolet
MissViolet

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Marketing idea...Want honest opinions Empty Re: Marketing idea...Want honest opinions

Post by Metina Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 am

It could, but because they all won't be buying you could also be wasting your time.

What might be a better option is to offer to paint at a new residents pic nic or gathering for each of the 10 subdivisions. These are people you know will be living there.

You may ask the sales consultant what the coverstion ration is. How many sales/ for each person that comes through the door and base your decision on this. I don't think it is a bad idea if you don't have any gigs booked, but just don't want to waste your time either.

You can also get the addresses from those 10 neighborhoods in one afternoon. Get a friend in the car with you and drive the streets marking down the addresses. I know it will cost you some postage and printing, but remember that your time given away free has value also.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Marketing idea...Want honest opinions Empty Re: Marketing idea...Want honest opinions

Post by modernmagik Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:03 am

Metina is right about many of those people not living there, and that you would probably be wasting your time.

I think you would be better off marketing to a local restaurant or shopping center and see if they will let you set up. The people shopping and eating in the are are most likely those living in the area.

modernmagik

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.wemakefaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 am

I don't know if the developers would be doing the same there but, up here there was one of the large companies that would do things for the "community" while they were still actively developing and selling there. I was hired for several years in a row to fp at their summer BBQs and carnivals that they hosted for the residents of the developments. Once they sold all the lots/houses they stopped sponsoring the events.

And I think people checking out show homes are probably from the general area - at least here they are. So maybe try to make a deal with the developers to paint at the special promotions rather than just any old day, and try to get a little something out of it - free advertising or some sort of pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 am

Offer to work at a reduced rate next time the sales manager has a big event planned as it is a win/win situation as a draw to his particular event and to keep the kidlets happy during a long (boring) day of house hunting.

Since you are entertaining the thought of working for free, make it work for you by having a drawing at the main clubhouse or sales office at each subdivision to get names, addresses & most of all, emails! That way, you can grow your mailing list so you can email your ad to the locals and save on postage : )

Come to think of it, make the drawing of having the first hour at their next party free with a two hour minimum to get more target customers.
Cheers,
Susan

Wow, we both posted at the same time, Shannon!

Last edited by Winger1200 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : durn typos!)
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissViolet Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm

These are excellent suggestions ladies. I knew you would come through. Will let you know what I come up with.
MissViolet
MissViolet

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down