Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?

Go down

Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?  Empty Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?

Post by tinkerbell13 Sun May 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Hiya, I'm new to face painting and I have a question for all you experts Smile

I'm using Snazeroo paints currently but I happened to come across a post online (don't think it was on here) saying not to use blue or red face paints near the eyes or mouth. I then found another article saying purple, pink and yellow shouldnt be used there either. Im now totally confused. Now I've checked the back of the Snazeroo paints (all colours) and they do say not to use around eyes or mouth BUT when watching the Snazeroo tutorials on you tube they use all the colours near the eyes and mouth. If anyone could advise on this that'd be brilliant. P.s I'm in the UK.

tinkerbell13

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-05-29

Back to top Go down

Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?  Empty Re: Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 am

The warnings are a CYA thing. A legal requirement

Blue pigments are often cobalt based and they aren't supposed to be ingested hence the warning about not using near the mouth. Red is not supposed to be used around the eyes.

Remember that information on the internet isn't necessarily right, true, accurate or posted without some sort of hidden agenda. Dire warnings about a long list of "colours" without mentioning specific brands, colours, lot numbers, etc. are probably just fear mongering.

Back to top Go down

Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?  Empty Re: Using Snazeroo paint near eyes and mouth?

Post by tinkerbell13 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:04 am

Thank you very much for your reply Shannon. I've got so much to learn. I'm sure I'll be posting more questions soon Smile

tinkerbell13

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down