Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently moved to Toronto

3 posters

Go down

Recently moved to Toronto Empty Recently moved to Toronto

Post by Karamela Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:06 am

Hi, my name is Viki. I moved back to Toronto after 20 years in Greece. Worked as a face painter and balloon artist there and have been missing it greatly. I don't know where to start from here or how things work. Anybody have advice?

Karamela

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Recently moved to Toronto Empty Re: Recently moved to Toronto

Post by jlirie Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:21 am

hi and welcome, viki. there are a number of face painters on the forum based in canada, you will probably hear from some of them Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:57 am

Welcome to the Forum, Karamela!
Where in Toronto are you located?
I live in Bloor West Village.
If you go into your Profile, above, and type in your Location as Toronto, it will make it easier for our fellow face painters to find you and invite you to jams.

Toronto Clown Alley is having their Annual Holiday Party on Monday, December 8th (I think). Rose Winkworth (Winky the Clown) has monthly jams for Face Painters, Twisters, Magicians, and Clowns. They are always fun and informative.

There is a place to post and share your work with a kind, warm, non-judgemental audience in the thread "Show and Tell". Come join us in a game of Face Paint Tag in the thread "Tag! You Are It!".

I love this Forum.
I felt SO welcomed when I posted my first questions.
I have met and maintained friendships through this column (even though my mother warned me that chat rooms contain serial killers). There are some amazing, kind face painters in our area who are willing to share their tips and tricks and are welcoming to new talent.... kingsmeadmama (Glitterbug in Hamilton), Face Painting by Jessica (Georgetown), Ester K-D (Markham), Buttercup (Vaughan), Rugabug (Toronto), Crystal Maxwell (don't know her Forum name), Elaine Day (Lainey Day), Deyanne Holmes, just to name a very few in our area on this Forum.
I have met Miss Ronnie (Rhonda Revette from Syracuse NY), Joshi (Manasi from Chattanooga TN), Sanne Schmidtberg (Oakville), Melody Wilkinson (Syracuse NY), Katie Hunt (Stoney Creek), and many, many more through this Forum, FABAIC and Face Paint University: New England. They have all been welcoming, kind, and, not one single one of them were serial killers.
My mother was wrong.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Also... I am always up for a coffee and a mini-jam if you are around during the week. I am in Greektown at least every two weeks. Just do not make me drink retsina.

Happy, Happy Painting!

Last edited by fesspenter on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot!)
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down