Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics

+4
fesspenter
Sweet Loretta
Forest-Fairy
jlirie
8 posters

Go down

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Empty paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics

Post by jlirie Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:51 am

got my new paradise brilliant pallette today, 8 metallic colors, 7 grams (0.25 oz) each.  includes a small filbert brush.  inside of lid has a mirror (the size of the full pallette), not pictured.

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Img_2037

here are swatches. the silver is outstanding, like liquid silver. the others vary a bit, some are slightly gritty. they do pretty well at details.

dore (gold), argente (silver), violine (purple), bleu bebe (light blue) -

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Img_2031

fuchsia, azur (blue), vert bouteille (bottle green), orange -

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Img_2034

i think i like this palette.. Razz

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Img_2041

eye design (2 views)

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Img_2043

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Img_2044

Last edited by jlirie on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:09 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : load images, add pics)
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Empty Re: paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Holy smokes!

I read some time ago that Mehron fixed up their metallic colors. I remember buying some back in 2010 and they were TERRIBLE. 

Might have to give them another look.

Thanks for sharing!
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics Empty Re: paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics) swatches & pics

Post by jlirie Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:56 pm

yeah, after i ordered the pallette, i happened to read here on the forum that their metallics were bad, so at first i kind of gulped.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:13 am

The Brillant line is lovely, but it is a tad soft. The original Mehron metallics where sorta half and half some of the colors worked great some not.

Some brands metallics which actually have/had metal pigments tended/tend to oxidize and the cakes became/become hard.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Paradise is glycerin-based, so it is very soft and blendable.
In my experience, the wax-based metallics must be used up as they harden and they age, and it is tougher to get good coverage once they harden.
I like how the metallics are harder to blend together, so I can create a Canadian flag in metallic red, and metallic white, and they do not blend into pink at the edges of where they meet... unless I work at it.
The metallics do not photograph as opaque as the matte colours. I tend to lay down a base of matte paint as a 'primer', then I sponge over the metallic. It 'pops' more when there is a base. (I do not do this on the job for face painting, as it is time consuming to wait for the metallic paint to dry).
Bleu Bébé seems to be much more vibrant than the swatch above, in person. If I run out of FAB Ziva Blue Shimmer, I use Bleu Bébé.

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by MelindaT0813 Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:53 am

I started with the Mehron metallic and they were awful back in the day. They are so pretty now and opaque, really a great silver and gold except they disintegrate. I repotted them into my kit and they totally fall apart. They turn into dust if they get jostled around.
MelindaT0813
MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 am

good to know melinda, i was debating whether to cut some strips out for homemade one strokes. will have to think about it some more, especially because they look so perfect in the metal pallette.

fesspenter, i am probably going to get a few matte colors as a base for any metallics that don't hold their own, as well as my collection of gem powders, eye shadows, and metallic bronze powder.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by monelle Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:04 pm

[jlirie] Thanks for posting this!  Have you been enjoying working with them?

Last edited by monelle on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
monelle
monelle

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by aniruam Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:09 pm

I have the silver and gold, and the silver is amazing, but how do I keep the gold from getting crumbly??!
aniruam
aniruam

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:18 pm

after having them awhile, i realized that because they are metallics, they are a bit textured due to the mica or whatever the sparkle ingredient is, so you go through the paint faster.

i have a new appreciation for regular colors Smile.

re: the gold being crumbly, i think it's due to the texture of the ingredients in that particular color. you might try mixing it with a regular golden yellow to see if it improves the texture.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Fox Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi Jlirie! Did you ever end up splitting any of the colors to make splitcakes in your palette? I'm so tempted, but I think I'd want to do some redecorating in the palette. I'm looking for something purse-sized for killing time. Appreciate any thoughts you might share!

Jubilee Fox

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:46 pm

If a glycerin-based face paint is crumbly....
you can put a drop of glycerin (from the drug store) on top of the crumblies. Wait a few days to see how it is absorbing. Try another drop. Keep it up, slowly, every week, until it is workable. Do not try to do it all at once. It will become sticky, transparent and streaky with chunky lumps. Yuck..... Um.... NOT that I have EVER made THAT mistake...
I am lying.
I HAVE made that mistake.

xoxox
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:56 am

hi jubilee fox - i haven't tried making split cakes, but i'm sure that would be pretty, based on designs where i've used the colors next to each other.

i'd say go for it. it would probably be somewhat messy, but worth it Smile

fesspenter, thanks for that tip!
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubilee Fox Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 am

Thank you Jlirie!

Jubilee Fox

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down