Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help!

+2
LittleMonsters
~*hysteria*~
6 posters

Go down

Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help! Empty Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help!

Post by ~*hysteria*~ Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Hello all! I am to be painting a group of people up as zebras for a costume party in two weeks and they are requesting that I do all I can to make sure the paint won't transfer or run due to possible (and likely) sweating. I have never used any such product before and don't know what I should use or in what order with painting. Could you please help give me some advice and recomendations? I tried searching here and found a thread from 2009 but wasn't sure that there could be some new info and more reliable products out there now. I will be using essential black and white wolf paints.
~*hysteria*~
~*hysteria*~

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help! Empty Re: Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help!

Post by LittleMonsters Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Denise Cold did an interesting video showing how starblends hold up to water/sweat... take a look here:

Theoretically, if you're just doing zebras... could likely get by with just a black and a white cake!

Last edited by LittleMonsters on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling ^_^)
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help! Empty Re: Barrier/setting/fixing spray??? Help!

Post by amylady222 Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:13 am

Isn't she fun to watch? Love her stuff

Good luck with the zebras!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickell Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Wow, thank you so much for posting that video, LittleMonsters! I just picked up some black and white Starblends for the first time when I went to Cinema Secrets in Burbank (really regret not nabbing a red, orange, and yellow one too!)
Snickell
Snickell

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.FairytailFABA.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Awesome Snickell! I bought the black starblend in a recent order, wanted the white too but it was sold out. I figure the black I can at least use for some easy shading. I haven't tried it yet though.
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*hysteria*~ Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks! Very informative and helpful! I'll pick up some starblends tomorrow and give them a thorough testing! Lol Very Happy. Still curious about the effectiveness of the sprays and which is best though, just to know...
~*hysteria*~
~*hysteria*~

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:38 pm

if you type "spray" or "barrier spray" in the search box above on the forum, you will find several previous threads that discuss different brands and types, and their pros & cons
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:39 pm

I'd stick to the Wolfe Black and White and use Mehron's Skin Prep Pro under the makeup.

Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down