Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for a new section....

2 posters

Go down

Idea for a new section.... Empty Idea for a new section....

Post by Morninglory Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:26 am

Soo I was thinking I would like to have a public diary on here where I can put all my practice and things I have learned, as well as have people comment and help as they want. I would also like to see others have their own diaries that I could follow and learn from. This would make it easy to follow people that inspire you or have the same style as you as well as make it easy for seasoned painters to follow people hey have adopted as their "apprentices".

If there is a section for this already, that I have overlooked, please pion me in the right direction. If there isn't, what do you think? Would this be something the community would get behind, and is it something this forum would want to have?
Morninglory
Morninglory

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Back to top Go down

Idea for a new section.... Empty Re: Idea for a new section....

Post by Guest Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 am

I think that you can set that up yourself on a Facebook Page or a Blog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morninglory Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Yes, I understand that is an option.I just know when I was losing weight I had a thread on my cal counting site and it was nice to have people who were focused in the same endeavor commenting. It was also nice to be able to follow others on their journey.

*shrug* guess it's not for this site.
Morninglory
Morninglory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:42 am

I think you are probably asking a bit much of people.

The active people share a LOT on this forum already. They share a LOT on Facebook, YouTube, etc. Many of us share on our blogs too.

I don't see any point in asking people to essentially blog on the Forum.

Find the people whose work you like/admire, consider at your level, etc and follow them on FB... etc. Same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morninglory Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:41 am

I truly hope I didn't come off sounding ungreatful or as if I feel the active members need to do more for me, that was not my intention. It was just a positive thing in another forum and I wondered if it would translate well to this one.

Again, it was not ment to be something that would burden others, but I understand how it could feel that it would.
Morninglory
Morninglory

Back to top Go down

Post by PixiePaintrix Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 am

Morninglory,

I have also belonged to forums that had a diary section. I think the difference here is that as most of us are (or trying to) make body art our livelyhoods, we WANT people to see our work and our stories. Thus we are very active on blogs, facebook, instagram etc.

When it is more of a personal journey (weight loss, pregnancy etc) then it's great to have a private journal area that only those sharing that particular journey can see and support you.

Does that make sense?
PixiePaintrix
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morninglory Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 am

It does, making that separation made it click really well. Guess I'm just not yet comfortable with my level of ability which is why the idea appealed to me. Thank you for giving me that perspective.
Morninglory
Morninglory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down