Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Questions

3 posters

Go down

Newbie Questions Empty Newbie Questions

Post by tashasbowtique Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Okay, I have been going back and forth researching about face painting. Obviously I know NOTHING still...

I've decided to use Wolfe and DFX and TAG as my paints.
Then I get confused of how am I gonna store them..how to get them organized....
I also haven't paint a face in my life...lol! so I gotta practice that first before I ever EVER gonna make this as a business.

Questions:
How can I organize my colors?
Should I be doing split cakes like the others do??? like make 2 colors per circle, to safe space?
Brushes, how many brush should I start with..which ones are the important ones?
What designs are easiest to start with? for boy and girls?
How do you make those gliter tattoos?
thanks so much!!
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Newbie Questions Empty Re: Newbie Questions

Post by Morninglory Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm going to suggest looking at face painting tutorials and getting a feel for how others put colors together. I started with snazaroo because I could get it fairly cheep and played with it. I began cutting colors together and found I enjoy the onestroke style of painting.

Before you invest in multiple colors of more expensive brands you want to have an idea of how and what you want to paint. This will dictate the colors and how you choose to have them packaged.

Take it slow and build as you need things. Forrest fairy has a essentials thread in this subforem that is a good read and will give you an idea of the basics.

Also in the frequently asked section there is a thread about most popular boy and girl designs which will give you a place to start as far as what designed to learn first.

Hope this helps.
Morninglory
Morninglory

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tashasbowtique Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Thank you!
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:25 pm

1. I like to put mine in a rainbow or appealing way so my table looks more appealing an presentable. I have what i use most right next to me (like black and white).

2. It's entirely up to you if you want to use split cakes. It can save space, but also might slow you down as you need to really watch where you stick your brush and load it up so not to get the other color mixed in. If you just want to quickly load and go with out paying too much attention, then split cakes might slow you down.

3. As many as you can carry. Rounds and flats are my brushes of choice. My work horse is a a #4 round (3 actually). Look and see what brushes you like and use the most and keep those in your kit. Narrow down the rest to ones you use rarely to ones you never use.

4. With a kit. It's basically glitter, skin glue and a stencil. Google it.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down