Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic

5 posters

Go down

I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic Empty I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:20 am

I was hoping to get my profile pic up of a face that I painted before I posted an introduction, but sadly I can't get my first pro paint kit until next month. Hello group, I'm Painted (or Kim), and I'm trying to start my face painting empire. My budding career choice is named, "Painted Wings and Wishes". I'm student and mother with a long history of being involved in art. My history is being a fine artist/graphic artist/party planner/wedding planning/costume design/crafter/hair bow maker/handbuilding ceramics/cake decorator/photographer while getting a Child Development degree. Sometimes I have ideas too big for my head, so I go wherever I can get paid to be creative. I've found success with each thing, but not my true art love. I've been dancing around face painting for a year now with disguise stix from graftobian and honestly....i wouldn't be caught dead with them let alone getting paid with them. They've allowed me to practice my skills, and honestly I've been kicking butt with them, but it's time to bite the bullet and get me some real paints. I've also been reading and absorbing all the information I can from this site for two months now and honestly I love the personalities here.  Smile There is a sense of community that you don't normally get.
N-e-who...

Mm, I believe my level is on the brink of novice and hire-able. Just need that final push with higher pigmented paint. I've been doing all the research I can on face painting, the etiquette, the hygiene golden rules, marketability, pro-brands, techniques, glitter and more on how to be a true professional. I'm a bit of a research nut upon being addicted to anything that shines in the light or produces it. I'm located in the Southern California area. Since I'm a college student and mother funds are low....extremely. So I'm so happy to find face painting that I can use to care for my family. Besides making my little girl happy with rainbows, unicorns, and kitties. I foresee myself starting slow, just because I need to start from the beginning with buying everything (OMG EXPENSIVE), but my long term goal is to make this an actual business with it's own brand of service known from afar. I LOVE everything glittery and girly so boy designs I have to work harder at wanting to do them. I can, but the spark just isn't there. I'm open, able to speak my mind, and I am super serious about doing this, and probably need all the help I can get, so HI EVERYONE! Please take care of me!

...sorry, I'm known to talk too much  Embarassed
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic Empty Re: I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic

Post by Morninglory Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:25 am

Welcome, newbie mother of two boys here. I'll give you some passion for creepy crawly boy designs, of you give me some of that girlie design love!

Your enthusiasm is almost tangible(sp?) and I love it! You have found a wonderful forum filled with those at every level. The thing that all seem to share is a passion for this fleeting art and a willingness to share struggles and triumphs for all to learn from.

Welcome, and I look froward to seeing your work!Smile
Morninglory
Morninglory

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Back to top Go down

I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic Empty Re: I'm a Glitter/sparkle/twinkle-holic

Post by fesspenter Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:36 am

Welcome to the Forum!
I love this place!
There is a place to post and share your work with a kind, warm, non-judgemental audience in the thread Show and Tell. We all started somewhere, and this is the place!
There is a game of Face Paint Tag going on in the thread Tag You Are It July Aug. This is a fun exercise to stretch our painty muscles for all those on-the-job weird requests we get (Turkey Bacon Club sandwich was my weirdest request on the job!)
Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 am

Welcome to the forum! This group is amazing and you're sure to find what you're looking for. Speaking of weird requests, I am now hungry for a turkey bacon club (mine was a bagel headband). Well, I'm praying the glitter painty faeries bring you some new tools of the trade, best of luck on your painting adventure. Smile
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:29 am

Welcome!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm

@Morninglory
Will do Very Happy Once I get my new paints I think the first thing that I'll try to do is update those hideously plain forehead bows....It's a bow with no dazzle most of the time when bows are the most iconic girly thing you could put on your body.

Thanks everyone for the welcome Smile
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down