Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAFABA insurance

3 posters

Go down

CAFABA insurance Empty CAFABA insurance

Post by Mellygee911 Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi all!

I'm experiencing some extreme frustration in getting insurance for my business. I'm a CAFABA member, and have contacted the insurance agency they recommend and regularly work with. I'm totally new to buying insurance, so I'm wondering if this is normal:

-I was quoted one price, and received a bill for another higher price (Aprox $620 vs $700 per year)
-I've been sent one line emails, three in a row, rather than answering all my questions in one email. My name has been misspelled, and the rep had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about adding an additional insured to my policy for a day (for a city event!)
-I was send a late payment notice before I even received an official bill, or a copy of my policy.

Questions:
-Did you guys just pay blindly, before even seeing a copy of your policy, or a bill?
-How would you respond to a price change?
-You've all been posting with MUCH lower prices! Where the hell can I find these prices in Canada?
-Does it seem like I'm in a huge mess? I've received a late payment notice, but I never signed anything, agreed to the actual price, or given any personal information rather than my name and my address! Can I just cancel without penalty? I do NOT feel good about this company!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

CAFABA insurance Empty Re: CAFABA insurance

Post by fesspenter Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I was presented with a bill from CB & G for $751 for insurance...and the kicker... $751 for EACH of my university students painting with me at the CNE.

I went with Clowns Canada. Toronto Clown Alley may also be the way to go for us Canadians.

I have never had a claim, a complaint about reactions, I have never poked a client in the eye, or hoarked a lougie into my paint water. I have NO idea why they more than quadrupled my rate...unless they just don't want our business.

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 pm

In Alberta we have options. I changed to State Farm for $325 (including kit coverage).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Yep it's CG & B who all this kerfluffle is with. Will look into Clowns Canada!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:31 am

Just call CG & B to cancel and say you never agreed to such a price. If they continue to send statements write a review and send in a complaint so nobody else will end up in a similar situation.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:34 pm

The Clowns Canada policy (apparently) doesn't cover body painting which is why I dropped it and went with State Farm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down