Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hazards of neon face paint?

4 posters

Go down

hazards of neon face paint? Empty hazards of neon face paint?

Post by llegend Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Just wondering if anyone had experienced allergies with their customers with the neon face paint and if so how do you handle the situation? Is there one brand of neon face paint that's safer than others?

I would hate to put something unsafe on children.

Thank you

llegend

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

hazards of neon face paint? Empty Re: hazards of neon face paint?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:24 pm

Read the labels. Most UV reactive paints do say NOT FOR COSMETIC USE on them. Most people still put them on skin, but the labeling generally says not to.

There are changes to the UV products as the FDA apparently has approved some ingredients recently... but I don`t know all the specifics. Several brands have stated they are changing their products to the new approved/compliant ingredients.

Read the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for each brand to make yourself aware of any stated restrictions - this is what your insurance underwriter is going to refer to if you ever get a client with a reaction who files against you. If you used a product contrary to manufacturer`s stated guidelines your insurer could dump you and refuse to cover any claims against you.

Back to top Go down

Post by llegend Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Yes Shannon thats why i was asking.  I've read the labels and material yet so many face painters seem to be happy with them.  I've known about 5 and none of them carry insurance but none have ever had any claims against them either.  Just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with them and if so is there anything that we could do to avoid any bad situations.     And its been at least 3 years now since the FDA approved some of those ingredients but there has been no further word.

llegend

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 am

yeah basically it is not approved for eye and lip makeup. it says hair and body fx, so that's where you should use it.

every person reacts differently to paint. I would never risk it on someone elses child, but I do risk it on my own kids because it looks cute.

try some brands that are equally bright, though not necessarily neon.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Tag "regular light green" is not neon, but has a delicious "pop" to it. If you use it along with other bright regular colors, you can get a nice effect.

I do not use neon paints. Not till they're approved officially.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 am

I second JJJJJ's recommendation of TAG light green! I wore it on my lips for a mask painted in "show and tell", and as I wore it around the day I painted it I got a PILE of compliments on the colour,!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down