Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some tips and tricks with fan brushes?

+2
Party Picassos
Jennys
6 posters

Go down

Some tips and tricks with fan brushes? Empty Some tips and tricks with fan brushes?

Post by Jennys Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:53 pm

I have bought a fan brush. Do you have any inspirations, tips, tricks for pictures using thist type of brush? I know only painting butterflies, but what else and how? If you have some pictures how to use it, I will be pleasant. Thanx a lot. Very Happy 

Jennys

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Some tips and tricks with fan brushes? Empty Re: Some tips and tricks with fan brushes?

Post by Party Picassos Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:15 pm

I am hoping some people have great ideas too. I have fan and butterfly brushes that I don't even put in my kit. I didn't care for how the butterflies turned out and don't know what else to use them for. Maybe make some cuts into the hairs and make a rake brush. Those are a lot of fun!
Party Picassos
Party Picassos

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-18

http://www.partypicassos.com

Back to top Go down

Some tips and tricks with fan brushes? Empty Re: Some tips and tricks with fan brushes?

Post by Joshi Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:43 am

I attended a oil painting class once. ..Bob Ross techniques. They used fan brush for painting leaves on trees and for clouds.
These would be useful if you are making butterflies... may be flower petals. ... on the arms or chest area. ..i.e; for bigger areas.
Joshi
Joshi

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2013-09-19

http://www.HennafyMe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 pm

The moral of the story... don't buy a brush until you know what to do with it!!

I have a jar of brushes - that includes fan brushes - that I never use. I could have used the money on something useful to me instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogueskiss Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 pm

I love my 3 fan brushes!
I do quick butterfly's on special needs people who can't handle any full paintings.
I also use them for fur pattern, whiskers and ear fur for animals.
Pogueskiss
Pogueskiss

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:30 pm

I use mine to get a furry multicolored fuzz look-it is PERFECT for blending, use it like you would a rake brush, only instead of raking, it leaves a sweep pattern, which is great for textured gradiation.

my fav thing is to swipe it over a 1-stroke cake, and then use it to make multi-coloured stripes.
from far away, you can't really tell-but up close, the effect is phenomenal.
I also use mine to stamp on quick butterflies.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by tobilou Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm

I have a very small (double zero) fan brush that I like to use for multiple face butterflies with teardrops, and also for Christmas trees during the holidays. It's just the right size and works well with one strokes.
tobilou
tobilou

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-02-01

http://www.pixiecheeks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down