Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me pick please

+2
anniel
SewDarnHot
6 posters

Go down

Help me pick please Empty Help me pick please

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 pm

I am getting a case this weekend but I cannot decide. The price difference I put is approximating the travel time to pu each one and a little difference in the case price itself.
#1 has the hinges #2 might be lighter??

If anyone can help with pros and cons of each case that would be helpful also. Thank you.
Help me pick please Case_c11
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-10-29

http://www.ArizonaFacePainter.com

Back to top Go down

Help me pick please Empty Re: Help me pick please

Post by anniel Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Do whichever lays flat on both sides when you open it, that'll give you a space for brushes, sponges, etc. while still contained as "your stuff".

#2 actually may be a bit sturdier.

I would check your local craigslist before purchasing. Saw a Brand new Pelican on wheels on my area for cheap!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks, I have a big wheeled box but looking for something to just open and pain and lessen setup/breakdown time. I have a keyboard stand i can attach to the bottom. and figured i would add wheels also.
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by Party Picassos Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm

Cool idea! I think I like #2 better. Sometimes handles break off. How long are they?
Party Picassos
Party Picassos

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-18

http://www.partypicassos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

#2.looks nicer, and it's cheaper, and it gets the job done.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:00 am

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t15696-help-me-pick-please#222986
This will help you decide. Go to search box on this forum and type in
New gun case .  It is by Coral3 and you will love it. I did and I just got my new case today. It does not open completely but that can be a good thing...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:10 am

Thanks Gypsy6974. I like that it stands up and not fully open. I had to get a few paints for a uv party so I need to wait another 2 weeks. Man I sure could have used it on Saturday though. I worked a party at a jump place ( bounce house like) and had to move from one room to another half way through the gig. It was ok though. The employees helped and I was done early with the party and got a tip - worth it. Smile But would have been so nice to close it and move fast. Hopefully next month!
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:46 am

SewDarnHot wrote:Thanks Gypsy6974. I like that it stands up and not fully open. I had to get a few paints for a uv party so I need to wait another 2 weeks. Man I sure could have used it on Saturday though. I worked a party at a jump place ( bounce house like) and had to move from one room to another half way through the gig. It was ok though. The employees helped and I was done early with the party and got a tip - worth it. :)But would have been so nice to close it and move fast. Hopefully next month!
I am so glad that your party went well and a good tip to boot. That sure helps. Just a nice party would be great for me. But I have so much catching up to do because I was off so much in the beginning of the year a lot. I cannot wait to start setting up my case. I am torn about the how to's. There is another good thread I meant to mention it's called stolen paints. Pages 3,4, and 5 are great for more how to set up your case ideas. Lady Jade even has 2 YouTube videos. It is a good one. I forgot to mention and I am sorry. check it out you won't be sorry.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 am

help me pick please wrote:
My case is 40"x 16" I bought it from Ebay $70 dollars. It is sturdy and should hold up awhile I hope. I like what Lady Jade did with her case and I need to build a frame.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:47 pm

I am working on my case - decided to forego the frame (great idea, but too weighty for me) and work with the included foam, and customize the lid... coming along nicely. I will post pics on a new thread once I've got the in-case lighting and lid completed. Smile
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 pm

FacepaintingByTanya wrote:I am working on my case - decided to forego the frame (great idea, but too weighty for me) and work with the included foam, and customize the lid... coming along nicely. I will post pics on a new thread once I've got the in-case lighting and lid completed. Smile
My case came in late as I mentioned before. It has been here several days (since Friday evening) and I have not touched it. I face painted a lot on Sunday. The real reason I have not done anything with it is because I am debating with myself, frame?, NO frame? I think it would be too heavy also, and I like the foam instead of Velcro or magnets. So I am waiting for you to decide I guess. I can't seem to make up my own mind... So many different options. I am going to Joann's Fabric tomorrow to get some Faux Leather and black elastic for the brushes. I am having a hard time with that too. Should I just use a few brush easels or do the back of the case with elastic? That will look messy when busy and keep putting brushes back in that slot. I will always be wet wiping it down to not look dirty or a mess to mom's and it will bug the heck out of me... I have never been this wishey washey on anything before until now.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Help me pick please Th_FACEPAINTING109_zpsb6837012
It's just sitting here and waiting for me to do some work on it...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:59 pm

gypsy6974: Nice case. Smile I am also part of a facebook group called face painting kits and i have gotten a lot of ideas from that. I personally do not like the elastic idea as i am a toss and grab girl while i am painting. I am thinking of keeping my brush holder for my "in use" brushes and using the foam slots to put other not used as frequently brushes. then I will also know at the end of a gig what ones I need to wash and then i can put them back into the foam for the next gig.
I so could have used a travel case at the last gig. I had to move rooms in the middle of a 1 1/2 hr gig. Razz I had help though so it wasn't too bad. I was happy that i brought along my extra sheet though as the venue requested that i place something underneith my area. The party host has a plastic cloth I could have used but she was impressed I had something already.
I am with you on the frame/no frame thing. I probably will do something like that and metal sheeting and neo magnets on my paints to keep them from shifting. I actually have a wood box i use for paints now so I am hoping that I can keep it in the case with everything and then if i need a smaller case I can just grab the paints. Of course My paints and all supplies ect are all fitting on a 4'x2' folding table right now. and i do like my big box for fitting my chairs & sheets in. Hoping I will have a little room in the big case for the sheets and maybe I can bungie the chairs to the new case after I put wheels on it. So many ideas! Smile
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:59 am

SewDarnHot, I did go to the store this evening to buy some faux leather to line the inside top and bottom of the case. I like to separate clean brushes from dirty brushes too. I have a large brush holder but I don't want to drag it along. Maybe I will keep it? I have 2 art bins that I am sick of and that has to go. I don't like taking brushes out putting them in my brush holder than packing them back up. So that is a good idea for clean brushes. I am just not that good with a sewing machine. I have a good one from my mom but what good is it if I can't remember how to thread it. I can't find the manual but I can Google one up... Then I might mess up the faux leather so that is why I am thinking of brush easels. Plus, I have too many brushes! Then Barbb919 said something about hooks and clip the easels and they can hang out. Or they could lay on top of the foam until I open the case then clip them on the hooks. I will Velcro my glitter puffers and liquid bling to top of case along with BAMS. I am going to leave a space open in the corner for my water tub, cups, soap and jewel container. That is IF, I can cut down the number of face paints.
I did buy magnet strips and think I am going to try that. Will I stay with that I don't know but I am going to try it first. Coral3 has hers set up that way and I might like it? I just figured out that my Wolf FP's won't be kept in place by a magnet. The bottoms are hollow. Jeez, I forgot about that.
I would be so unhappy if I had to be moved in the middle of a gig. I would keep my smile on but inside I would be unhappy for a few minutes. Specially the way my set-up is now. I too have a 4 ft. x 3 ft. something table. Then all the extra stuff in the emergency bag and tote is under it. I want it gone.
I can't find that Facebook page you are talking about? I would love to see more ideas on this topic. I have to get busy parties are starting to book for Feb. and then there is Mardi Gras starting Feb. 15th. I have to commit and go with it soon. I always keep an extra large black table cloth for accidents or you just never know?. That is my problem I prepare for the worst scenario and bring everything possible. Just call me a pack mule from now on. I think a change is due. I am having a lot of anxiety over this, as in what stays and what gets left out??? Jeez, too much over-thinking on this one...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:25 am

Hey hon You can use a good spray glue for the faux leather. That's what i have on one side of my paint box. It makes it easier to wipe clean. I sew a bunch. When you look at the FB page check out the guitar case - it has bling! I would love to do something similar. Someone had the stencils on rings with a magnet glued and then they stuck to a metal bar attached to the top. I'm thinking that way. i already bought some new containers for my waters, a little magnetic sign and something to use as a business card holder that i will hang over the top of my case. I am going to cut vinyl to go on the outside also and thinking of a vinyl banner with a nice background that i will attach pocket sleeves to and be able to slide in and out my photos for the event.
I do not have any wolf pots but maybe you can repot in another case like the Tag style that way it wont mess up your setup.
As far as face paints a lot of people that have a bunch repot to make either in splits or in small cases. you will see when you check out all the photos.
I do know that i want to bling out my case and add some battery operated white mini Christmas lights Smile
Face Painters Kits

Here is the link Smile Check out all the great ideas!
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 am

I should be wrapping up my case setup process sometime today. Will start a new post with details and pics, maybe that will help add more ideas to the case setup pool Smile
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks for the link and the other info. I found the page but can't look into it yet because you have to join and wait to be excepted first. I hope they don't take too long and get back to me quick. I ripped out the egg crate foam on the lid of the case this morning and will glue the leather down. I bought a good spreadable glue. I had an idea this morning and what do you think of this? I have some crocheted, wide stretchable  head-bands that I make my tutu's waist with. I am think of cutting it (so it can be long) and stretching it out on the top to hold glitter and maybe some brushes. I have been using this glue that will hold fabric to stone or anything else in place for years now. Why can't I glue it instead of sewing it? I am going to try on an extra piece of this faux leather first and see what happens. Its worth a try I think.  
I re-potted a lot of things like half lavender half Lilia, light blue/ dark blue in one pot. Then I have the rainbow cakes I bought and some I made.Then I have my plastic container with my one strokes and some solid colors that I need but do not use much of. But the wolf paints do not re-pot well. They break up and I have 90 grams of white and black pots. My pink and blue wolf (my favorite colors of any pink or blue) I did manage to re-pot in the plastic bin. I have more to go though.   I am going to start cutting my leather and glue it in then I will rethink everything again.
I appreciate the help, and thanks again.
Help me pick please Th_FACEPAINTREPOTING001_zpsbf32eeb4
Help me pick please Th_FACEPAINTREPOTING002_zpsb7111c2d
Help me pick please Th_facepaints2001_zps19c188d2

Last edited by gypsy6974 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 am

FacepaintingByTanya wrote:I should be wrapping up my case setup process sometime today. Will start a new post with details and pics, maybe that will help add more ideas to the case setup pool Smile
OK, maybe I will just glue in the bottom and wait to see what you have done. So, I am going to wait to see your pics.
Thank you so much!
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 pm

I know those headbands I use them also. I have a few though that have stretched out. I'm in Arizona so elastic does not do well out here. Your glue should work if you decide to go that way though I would just cut a tiny bit of the leather to cover the ends that you glue and give it a bit more support.
You do have a bunch of paints - I'm jealous Smile
They only took a short time to approve me so i think you will get in fast.

Tanya - I cant wait to see your case as well.
I am hoping that I can get mine next weekend.
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 pm

I am a collector of face paints it seems, or maybe just an addict. I can't stop buying. Then I have three tiger colors for regular tigers, orange & yellow, then metallic orange & yellow, and reg. yellow with dijon & orange. Then the gold is 1/2 cake with purple because that is our State College's colors. Then I have to have gold & black pot because that is our NFL team colors, not to mention that at every event people need a black & gold Fleur De Lis. It is insane and I have to draw a line somewhere at some point and I think this is it???
In the summer here the heat is intense along with the humidity. I had a bright idea with the extra faux leather. It is heavy duty (the leather) and if I were to take a strip of it 8 inches by 24 or longer and sew the elastic to it. Then glue the leather to the top inside of the case. This glue will hold anything including a statue I put on a cement grave. It is not coming off without a chisel. So, my point is it should hold this faux leather. Then if I mess up in sewing it is only scraps and not the hold piece.
My glue is drying now it takes a few hours to set and it looks good. I did the top inside first. Here is a pic. It looks like it has air bubbles but it does not. It is the glue attached with tiny pieces of foam that I could not scrap off. Thank God just some of the foam was glued well and not the whole thing.
I hope they approve me fast and I too can't wait to see Tanya's case. I know she will create something beautiful and workable. She is very creative.
Help me pick please Th_GUNCASE005_zps49210332
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:04 am

yay! Your off to a good start!What glue are you using? I use to use E6000 for everything Smile
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 am

Here's the finished case! Smile http://www.facepaintforum.com/t15722-my-new-gun-case-kit-d
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:20 am

LOL - I was just gonna post that you posted. I had to take the time to check it out! great job!!
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:38 am

SewDarnHot wrote:yay! Your off to a good start!What glue are you using? I use to use E6000 for everything Smile
That is what I used exactly. I buy that stuff in large tubes a lot and last night I got two more. That stuff will hold anything down for a long time. Great glue...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down