Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tying to get myself off the ground...

5 posters

Go down

Tying to get myself off the ground... Empty Tying to get myself off the ground...

Post by Mooncrystal159 Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:51 am

Hello all. I'm relatively new to the business ends to face painting. I'm currently a co-owner of a Magic and Face Painting business with my fiancé who pretty much runs everything. Lately, I've been thinking, and so has he, about trying to also advertise ourselves separately to try and increase our number of gigs per year.

My issue really is that I dunno how to advertise myself. Every time I come up with an idea for a name or how to promote myself, my fiancé says it's not good enough, sending me back to square one.

So really, I guess I'm asking for some help from the face painting community for any hints or advice on what I should be doing. Maybe I'm just missing something obvious? Anything on the matter would be greatly appreciated!
Mooncrystal159
Mooncrystal159

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Tying to get myself off the ground... Empty Re: Tying to get myself off the ground...

Post by veelux Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:03 pm

What kind of advertising do you do for your business now?
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Tying to get myself off the ground... Empty Re: Tying to get myself off the ground...

Post by Mooncrystal159 Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Right now we have a less than active Facebook page, business cards, and a website.
Mooncrystal159
Mooncrystal159

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by novice tammy Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:57 pm

I would suggest a name that has your city and face painting in it.... I see you're from Sewell... so maybe something as simple as Sewell Face Painting... Just for the simple fact when people search for face painting in your area, the search engines will find you easier...

I'm from Asheville and Asheville Face Painting was already taken, and my daughter does balloon twisting so we needed something for both. We came up with Clowning Around Asheville (we aren't clowns, but she's a big cut up- so clowning around suits her. And when people search for clown asheville for child's party they find us and our services.
novice tammy
novice tammy

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2013-05-19

http://www.clowningaroundasheville.net

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 am

I will promote separate services, If you don't do balloons, learn it, balloon twisters get equal or even more leads than face painters.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:45 pm

^^^^^^^^^^
very true!!!

I just taught myself how to twist balloons, and already booked 3 gigs-although the 3 gigs are all for facepainting.

so just OFFERING twisting has already pulled in more facepainting gigs.....

still havn't had to bust out the balloons at parties yet, but I did bring some for fun after I was done painting Smile

it is really easy to do most of the popular requests-and for my level, I havn't needed to get to anything more advanced...the kid are happy with what I know.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down