Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Brushes??

5 posters

Go down

Best Brushes?? Empty Best Brushes??

Post by twobeesdesigns Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 pm

I thought I had posted this once before, but can't find the original post...so if it's a double-posting, I do apologize.

What are the best brushes to use, at an in-expensive cost?? In the future, I'll buy the $100+ brushes...but for now, I'm a poor college student.

When first starting out, I just picked up a pkg from Hobby Lobby of your basic painting brushes...and they do the job, but there's some designs that I need "better brushes"...

Suggestions??
twobeesdesigns
twobeesdesigns

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-08-24

Back to top Go down

Best Brushes?? Empty Re: Best Brushes??

Post by thouartbeautiful Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Have you checked out the brushes in the shop? I agree it's good to have extra (cheap) brushes around for many uses but I find that the better brushes that I have bought have held up longer and helps my work become better because I'm not having to battle with a brush I may not like how it performs. I truly enjoy the Loew-Cornell 7000C series #4 and #6 rounds, $5-6 a brush, I tend to use these as liners as well but also have a #1 round for finer lines. I also have the paradise prisma 3/4" brush, 1 for each one stroke cake I have, they are more spendy but again, they hold up well and hold a good amount of paint.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Ive also got those!
Additionally, royal takalon.

I am on the hunt for a round with longer bristles and firm springiness.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Stark Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm not sure if its the same brushes, but I really like the yellow handled loew-cornell brushes that are like $4. I have been very pleased with mine. They can keep a point after a Lot of faces.
Chuck Stark
Chuck Stark

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-11-11

http://knoxvillefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Doll Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 pm

You can easily get nice brushes at Joann Fabrics and use the 40% off coupons... They have Lowe Cornell and other favs! I'll have to look through mine and get back with you the ones I like. I do know I tend to like the plastic handles with the comfort grip.... I hate when the wood handles crack and feel rough.... Wink
Jenn Doll
Jenn Doll

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-12

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Landen-Road-Designs/4471074784

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down