Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peeve: parents placing open beverages on my work space!

+11
Gretchen
Coral3
anniel
VictoriaS
SuzySparkles
Miss Ronnie
fairyfox
Creabella
MeeMee
fesspenter
paintinmama
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peeve:  parents placing open beverages on my work space! Empty Peeve: parents placing open beverages on my work space!

Post by paintinmama Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 am

I don't mean to pat myself on the back but I'm one of the sweetest bubbliest painters out there. I try to be patient and kind with everyone. That being said, there are times when parents put open drinks down on my table next to my equipment. I stop and nicely ask if they could please move it. I use my "sorry to bother you and I'm a little embaressed" face. I try not to sound "bitchy". I smile and explain that accidents have occured in the past and it makes me nervous. Then I get ATTITUDE! Evil or Very Mad  What the heck?!!! I've got kids running all over the place grabbing at that table and bumping into things and you just put a full open beverage next to my expensive PAINTS! ARE YOU GOING TO CLEAN IT UP AND PAY FOR THE DAMAGES? I understand that they might not be thinking and set it down for a second. That's why I say it nicely. BUT ATTITUDE? Not "Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't thinking". REALLY!!!!! Just had to get that off of my chest. Thank you for listening.
paintinmama
paintinmama

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Peeve:  parents placing open beverages on my work space! Empty Re: Peeve: parents placing open beverages on my work space!

Post by fesspenter Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 am

If I do happen to see the person who set their drink on my kit... I stop painting and I pick up the glass and tell them, "Oh, you forgot this!" and hand it back to them. If I find a surprise empty glass on my kit. I stop painting, throw a towel over my kit, and take the glass to the kitchen, explaining and apologizing to those in line that there was a dirty glass left among my paint for some reason, and I cannot mix food and drinks with my paint or my insurance is void. (Or something similar).

I did a summer event where this kept happening over and over. When the organizer came over, I told her that I could paint much faster if I wasn't bussing dirty wine glasses off my kit, as parents kept leaving them. In the end, they had me stay extra time (which I would not have had to if I wasn't removing used glassware from my kit. I was the world's best paid busboy!!! My solution is this....there is no extra space on my table, ever. I take up every inch with my paint. My table is a foam core board, cut and scored and bungee corded onto the top of my FatMax.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Peeve:  parents placing open beverages on my work space! Empty Re: Peeve: parents placing open beverages on my work space!

Post by MeeMee Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:04 am

That is one reason why I bring my own table. It is not big. I make sure my things take up the entire table.
MeeMee
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:45 am

That isa smart thing to do! Good idea! Some people got some nerve!
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by fairyfox Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am

You could always pretend you think they bought the drink for you . . . and when you say thanks a pretend to take a drink. Catch the look on their face and say "oh, you put it on MY table . . I just thought . .Well here you go," and hand it back. Smile
fairyfox
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 am

Good one, Laura!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 am

I had a guy spill a beer in my paints at a company event... The company had to pay for the damaged paints lol... YES I HATE IT AS WELL!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaS Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm

fairyfox wrote:You could always pretend you think they bought the drink for you . . . and when you say thanks a pretend to take a drink. Catch the look on their face and say "oh, you put it on MY table . . I just thought . .Well here you go," and hand it back. Smile
That's hilarious!
VictoriaS
VictoriaS

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-11-16

http://www.biggrinsfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaS Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:27 pm

I hate the left drinks. I don't always see who does it because I'm so focused. But I also hate food trash. I hate that more then drinks. Wrappers of ice cream treats and icey pops. eww.
VictoriaS
VictoriaS

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-11-16

http://www.biggrinsfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Having everything inside my paint case solves that...altho' I may get something placed next to it occasionally...

Did an HOA Barbeque recently, and as there was no bin nearby, the table accumulated kids trash. I neatly, passive aggressively stacked the trash, cups, etc. at the corner of my (their) tent...
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Hmm... I'm wondering what they'd do if you washed out a dirty brush in their drink??... (not that you would want to subject your lovely brushes to such treatment, but I bet they'd get the message!)
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:42 pm

My pet peeve is the people just walking by who help themselves to my wipes
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 pm

By the handful!!!...(Tip:Stash them under your brush holder).
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:54 pm

AAAh ha ha...great idea to rinse your brush in their drink!! I too bring my own table which only has enough room for my kit and nothing else. However, I have had this problem a lot at the county fair I used to do. My booth backed up to a very arrogant chiropractor. (to give you an idea, his first year there...which happened to be my 10th or 11th...he offered to give me referrals, and send kids from his booth over to mine if I would pay him a percentage. And yes, he was serious!! Get real!!) Anyway, he'd repeatedly tuck his beverage behind his curtain, setting it on MY table (yet behind my board)...where it would proceed to sweat all over my hand-sewn and hand-painted custom fabric table cover. Grrrr....I just kept either throwing his drinks away or setting them on the floor...the nerve!!! But yeah, I'm right there with you...SO bugs me!!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:22 am

Coral3 wrote:Hmm... I'm wondering what they'd do if you washed out a dirty brush in their drink??...  (not that you would want to subject your lovely brushes to such treatment, but I bet they'd get the message!)
lol! 
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by paintinmama Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:48 am

You guys are HISTERICAL! I do have my own table and it's pretty darn full but they just nudge stuff over so they can sit them down! I love the "taking a sip" idea! I'm sarcastic by nature and I have to bite my tongue so much sometimes it's bleeding by the end of a long day! Instant zombie makeup! LOL
paintinmama
paintinmama

Back to top Go down

Post by paintinmama Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 am

Mabey a sign that says "I don't come to your cubicle and paint butterflys on your computer screen.... Please do not put drinks in my work space."
paintinmama
paintinmama

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

not only do I get this all the time (even though my whole table is filled with stuff), but I have 3 larger buckets on my table. One for clean water, one to pour dirty water in and one for my garbage like dirty wipes and paper towels. I have had people (when I'm not looking and busy painting) throw GARBAGE in my WATER buckets, both dirty and clean!!!!!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:21 pm

People are forever throwing food trash (not always gone, mind you) in my trash bins at festivals.
Seriously, folks. These are tiny bathroom trash cans. There is no room for your 44 ounce soft drink cup!
And whoever put their child's ice cream in there needs to come back and clean. it. out.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 pm

LOL, Diane! They're lucky I don't catch them throwing their crap in my water pails, or the Brooklyn in me would come out, lol!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Ew, Tina, not nice!  No   
I think I'll stick with my lidded water jug!...and keeping my 'slop bucket' & other rubbish bin under table out of sight!  

The wipes though...if I stash them under something it takes me longer to grab one, and I do use them frequently.  I bought a rifle case to hold my paint, and have just lined out the lid with a strip of elastic to hold brushes...I have spare space, wondering if elastic-ing the wipes into my lid might get them out of 'help yourself why dont you!' range?
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 pm

lol Coral, it's not as bad as you think it is. I have a very long table and those buckets are at the end, not where I'm working, along with lots of other buckets. I don't think people even really notice, and it's handy for me. No one ever had a problem with it, I book parties all the time when people see me painting...I think they're just happy to see me change my cups of water often so I'm working with clean water on their kid! :-)
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:18 pm

^ Oh Tina, I hope you weren't thinking I was criticizing how you work at all!? I was just thinking that if the general public are actually SILLY enough to dump rubbish in your water then that's one more thing to try and prevent, if I can. It hadn't occurred to me that some people would be THAT thoughtless!
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Oh, I DID misunderstand lol. I thought you thought it was disgusting that I had my dirty water and garbage on top of my table. LOL, thanks for writing again. :-)
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 pm

No, not what I meant at all!
flower 
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next