Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!!

+3
Valerie A
fesspenter
Manymels
7 posters

Go down

Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!! Empty Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!!

Post by Manymels Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 am

Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!!
Hello members, I am trying to research starting my own face painting business and joined this forum for advise and support in doing so.

So far its pretty overwhelming and trying to find my starting point to stay focused. I just wanted to say thank you for this site and for everyones generous help.

I live in Sacramento, California and hope maybe there are others local here that can be of help too with business license requirements etc.

Thanks again,

Manymels

Manymels

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!! Empty Re: Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!!

Post by fesspenter Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am

Welcome to the Forum, Manymels!

If you go into your Profile, above, and type in your location, it makes it easier for other face painters to notice you and include you in a jam, or to share face paint orders.

If I was starting all over again....
More than anything, I would practice my line work, to get my work to looking more professional, faster. Year drops. Thin to thick lines. Swirls.

There are collective years of wisdom on these threads and you can find out a lot by reading through some of the Frequently Asked Questions.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!! Empty Re: Northern California newbie introduction...Hello.!!!

Post by Valerie A Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Welcome Manymels!
I've seen people on the forum from Sacramento and area (in fact you aren't too far from Lisa Joy Young--she has lots of youtube videos, if you haven't seen her yet.)
A lot of us newbies post pictures over in the "New to Face Painting" section to start with, then branch out from there. There is a "Show and Tell” #1, 2, 3 and now “Show and Tell August – Oct 2013”...love to have you!   Very Happy (and most everyone is shy to start with, but don't worry, it is VERY supportive!!)
Hope you will join us and not just say hello and disappear. Wink
(wow, you keep some 'late' hours....3am! Laughing )
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Hello Manymels!
Welcome :-) I live just under 2 hours away from sac up in Chico ca. I would say for sure hit up You Tube, there are TONS of totorials on there that helped me and i know helped a ton of other people too. Like the other ladies said, practice practice practice.
:-)
Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Welcome to the forum and have fun learning and sharing.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Welcome to the Forum & to face painting. It's addictive!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen lewis Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:59 am

Welcome to the forum, manymels.
stephen lewis
stephen lewis

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down