Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA

+2
Misha
TinafromNY
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA Empty F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi All,

Maybe someone's reading this that lives or knows a face painter who lives near Yonkers, NY and/or near West Springfield Mass.  Nice job available.  I've been talking with someone who works with the promo company that does promotions for Bob's Discount Furniture stores around the U.S.  I'm already booked for one of their stores in MY area.  He's booking face painters for all over the U.S. and he's still  trying to locate face painters for these two stores  (one face painter for each of these locations).  Details and his info below (he knows I'm posting this here).  Call fast if you're near these and are interested.

1.  Three days...Sat., Sun and Mon this Labor Day weekend

2.  time to paint is 10 am-2 pm, but they may add more hrs if they get busy, but they guarantee 12 hrs at least for the 3 days.

3.  Pay is $70. hr.  When you're done you send an invoice to the Promo Co.  He is emailing all the info.  He's a balloon twister and works for the promo co. all the time and says they pay anywhere from 1 wk. to 30 days, but they always pay with no problem.

4.  So, with the hrs they guarantee, it's at least a $840 job.  I'm going to ask the manager of the store I'm doing if I can put out a tip jar too, but that I'm not sure of.

5.  He needs one painter for the Bob's at  "East River Plaza" near Yonkers and another for the Bob's in West Springfield, MA

6.  Call or email him right away if you can do it, or pass this job to a friend.  Info below:

His name is Clay and he said best if you call ....610-844-2989 (evening is OK too, he stays up late)  or email at clancyclown1@hotmail.com
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA Empty Re: F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA

Post by Misha Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Holy Moly! I live in West Springfield!
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA Empty Re: F.P.ers needed for Bobs Discount Furniture stores near Yonkers, NY and West Springfield, MA

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Call right away MIsha, don't even email!!!!! Let me know what happens!!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Looks like I'm working this coming weekend, Smile! Thanks for the heads up Tina. The store is literally at the end of my street- a 3 minute drive tops!
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 pm

That's GREAT Misha!!!! So glad I could help! Great gig!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 pm

oh dang, well good for you misha! if you can't make it for some reason, let me know!!!please!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 pm

BTW, this originally came from Lynne (Pinkundies), so thanks Lynne! She was booked, couldn't do it, so she sent it to me, now others are making out on it too!!! That's what the Forum is for, to help each other! I love this place. :-)
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkundies Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Yay me cheers 
pinkundies
pinkundies

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.sweetcheeksfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Hey guys is this still available ? I live 10 minutes from the store Smile!
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Yes, Brenda, I emailed you. As far as I know it was still available tonight. Call or email the guy. Info above. Move quick as he's contacting some people he found on his own!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 pm

PS Brenda...it's the one in Yonkers that's still available, the other one was already booked by MIsha above!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I live 10 minutes from the Yonkers store Tina :cheer

Thanks
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 pm

I'll second that! Yay you pink! cheers 
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:00 pm

I have great news guys..... I was hired for this gig!!! yayayayayay thank u so much for posting this Tina
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 pm

That's GREAT Brenda! You're very welcome!!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Let's all write how it went next week, that would be fun and interesting!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 am

As I was reading this, I thought of the job for $9/hour. What a difference in the way people responded. Hope it goes well for you!
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:21 am

Kris5115 wrote:As I was reading this, I thought of the job for $9/hour.  What a difference in the way people responded.  Hope it goes well for you!
I know Sad .... A huge difference
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:31 am

Was anyone else told to be "exciting"? Still trying to figure that one out...
scratch 
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

well, with the $9/hour, they were supplying top notch paint and supplies....and you got to get tips.
in this case, you'd have no tips and to have your own kit-to stock it up the way the other job did, you'd have to have tons of high quality paint-would be quite expensive for that variety.....quite an investment Smile

I think they said be excited because they are paying you to make sure their clients have a great time. guess they don't know that seeing the kid see themselves in the mirror gets anybody excited...lol.

Last edited by nikkili26 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Brenda and Misha - just curious. I made the call, like they asked, to the store mgr. where I'm painting this weekend. One of my questions was can I put a tip jar out. Unfortunately for me, they said NO!!!! Did you guys ask? What did they say? Just curious, since different managers can feel different ways about things. BTW, good luck tomorrow ladies!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 pm

[quote="TinafromNY"]Hi Brenda and Misha - just curious.  I made the call, like they asked, to the store mgr. where I'm painting this weekend.  One of my questions was can I put a tip jar out.  Unfortunately for me, they said NO!!!!  Did you guys ask?  What did they say?  Just curious, since different managers can feel different ways about things.  BTW, good luck tomorrow ladies!!![/quo

Hi Tina... I also asked and they told me also NO ! ... Also do they told u that takes 2 weeks to get paid Sad ......

Good luck guys hey and don't forget to take a pic with the Bob's figure tomorrow lol:D 
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I guess some places have strict policies against the tips jar. They want it to be totally free and don't want their customers to feel any obligation. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, they also told me in the letter, it takes up to 2 wks. The guy who hired me said that company always pays though, you don't have to hunt them down or anything.
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 am

Good luck today Smile 
https://i.servimg.com/u/f75/17/69/06/29/image22.jpg
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 pm

MIsha & Brenda - How'd it go today? Mine was ridiculously easy. Most of the people in the store didn't come with kids. I probably didn't paint more than 15 in the whole 4 hrs!! Blabbed with the cafe girl, drank coffee, ate tootsie rolls lol. What I did paint, the nice manager loved. He said to me today "Tomorrow we're feeding you lunch. Employee barbeque at the store"....OK!!!! Took that picture with "Bob" but can't seem to upload pics here lately...oh well!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next