Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mehron starblends - use wet? intense color

3 posters

Go down

mehron starblends - use wet?  intense color Empty mehron starblends - use wet? intense color

Post by lorikenh Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Does anyone use them with a damp sponge? I've only used them with a powder puff dry. I saw something that said intense color starblend, has anyone used that?
lorikenh
lorikenh

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

mehron starblends - use wet?  intense color Empty Re: mehron starblends - use wet? intense color

Post by Tineke Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 pm

I only use starblend black, and always use a smoothie blender (dry). It's always on top of other paints (paradise mostly), and I love how well it works!
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

mehron starblends - use wet?  intense color Empty Re: mehron starblends - use wet? intense color

Post by monna Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:31 am

never wet starblend..not good. and you can never use it dry if you do!
monna
monna

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2012-07-05

https://www.facebook.com/nanamonnasfacepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 am

You can use Starblends wet. They are was is referred to as "pancake make-up" which are pressed powder foundations that can be used Wet OR Dry, but not usually both.

Once you wet a cake the water changes the surface. If you are intending to continue to use it wet that is not a problem, but it you decide you want to use it dry, you'd have to scrape off a layer to get down to dry pressed powder again. Thus a lot of waste. It can be done, but wasteful.

It doesn't work for line work AT ALL, so only for bases if you use it wet, and the technique for best application is different from regular face paints as well.

The best use in a face painting application is usually dry for those who use them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down