Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to Shop - Brick and Mortar

3 posters

Go down

Where to Shop - Brick and Mortar Empty Where to Shop - Brick and Mortar

Post by littlesmartyhands Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 pm

I am a newbie in Southeast CT. Are there any shops that sell fp and other clown/party supplies anywhere in CT or within an hour?  I have found plenty of Snazaroo but even that is very limited for color and that's Michael's, naughty word Blick and Jerry's Artarama. I am frustrated that everything is by mail, expensive shipping and I am a touchy feely shopper. I like to see the products up close!

Thanks,
Alyson

littlesmartyhands

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://www.littlesmartyhands.com

Back to top Go down

Where to Shop - Brick and Mortar Empty Re: Where to Shop - Brick and Mortar

Post by Maxell Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:39 pm

unfortunately its like finding a needle in a haystack....outside of Micheals and Snaz....there is nothing in Atlantic Canada without ordering it in..and shipping in Canada is twice as expensive as in the US. I have an Aunt picking up my shipments for me as we speak, in MN. All in all, it is saving me over 300 in shipping and duties.

So...if you find a store....its rare.
Maxell
Maxell

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Try to find a theatrical supply store or a dance shop. They often have Kryolan, Mehron and Ben Nye.

I have a theatrical supplier that I use in Edmonton that will special order in for me. So it doesn't hurt to ask. They may not carry all the manufacturer's but if they carry some Mehron then they can order Paradise as it is a Mehron product.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlesmartyhands Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:21 pm

I know the "specialty" shops here are like unicorns. I miss NYC for being able to find whatever, whenever!

Good to know Shannon! I will see what I can find for searching that way!

Thank you!

littlesmartyhands

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:03 pm

have you ever considered creating your OWN colors from the snazaroo?
snaz blends GREAT!

all you really need is white, black, red, blue, and yellow.

I make my own pink, teal, orange and purples, put them in pill containers from CVS, and freeze until hard....good to go!

however, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend also that you invest in PARADISE PRISMA!sight UNSEEN. because it is AWESOME!

it smells kinda coconutty/shea buttery, which half the people hate and the other half adore....which is why I like snazaroo so much-unscented and customizable. but the paradise prisma colors are soooooooo gorgeous and they are HUGE.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by littlesmartyhands Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Hmmm, Paradise Prisma *sigh* I would like to test other brands,  I just bought some Starblends to test those waters. I really wish there was a way to get small sampler kits. I actually like the way Paradise smells, I splurged and bought ARC-EN-CIEL before I really knew any brand names!  Right now I have mostly Snaz (mostly because it's the most readily accessible) which I cut up to make my own split cakes and a DFX white and Black.

littlesmartyhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down