Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First shop Gig YAY!!

+2
Who B What E
Fun Frog
6 posters

Go down

First shop Gig YAY!! Empty First shop Gig YAY!!

Post by Fun Frog Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 am

Finally got a gig at a store. Well I did have some help lol! . My daughters work place are having two dressup days where all the staff are going to be wearing Christmas themed outfits. I jumped at the chance to be involved, so wrote a letter to the owner. Have three hours painting the customers (and staff if time allows), she has also mentioned that this could become a regular thing on school holidays. So if you live in Perth, Western Australia come on past The Coffee Club at Westfeild Carousel on Friday 23rd Dec 9:30am unitl 12:30pm, grab a coffee and cake, relax before Christmas hits and the kids (and big kids) get painted for FREE!
Let's see how many business card I can handout, as this is my local shopping centre and any work in this area would be great. Maybe some other stores in the centre will catch on to the idea?

All corssed fingers and prays greatfully accepted.

IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRICLE!!! cheers rendeer santa
Fun Frog
Fun Frog

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.funfrogfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

First shop Gig YAY!! Empty Re: First shop Gig YAY!!

Post by Who B What E Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:23 am

That's great! I thought about offering to paint at our downtown coffee shop, can I ask how much they are paying you for 3 hours? I hope you are not doing it for free! (am I being too nosey?)
Who B What E
Who B What E

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-10-23

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Smiley-Faces-by-Jo/27768237893

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:54 am

Congrats!!! cheers
Sounds like a fun gig!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun Frog Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Did offer a 50% off (Christmas Introductory Rate) Laughing my rates ($75 first hr/$50 thereafter) as this is going to be part advertizing, part practice for me. I also teach in this area so hope lots of the local kids see me and pass the word around. Also hoping once she sees what my work is like and the crowd it can create she will be asking (correction BEGGING Laughing ) me to come back, full rates next time. Very Happy
Got to get all of my new Xmas photos printed for the choice board.

Merry Christmas to All and to all a good night. santa
Thinking of a white Xmas as we swelter with 30oC (thats 86oF) here in Oz for Xmas Day.
Fun Frog
Fun Frog

Back to top Go down

Post by Who B What E Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks for the info, I wish you great success! Sounds like a lot of fun and I'm sure you will get lots of business from it. Merry Christmas!
Who B What E
Who B What E

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-10-23

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Smiley-Faces-by-Jo/27768237893

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun Frog Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Well, todays the day. All packed (2hrs early) with my mini kit setup as the store does not want me to take up too much space.
Hubby just phoned me from work and said I could get my Xmas gift early and told me where it was hidden. Yay. cheers He got me 2 professionally printed black shirts with my logo and business name on the front. Yay cheers Had tried home made print and iron ons but they kept washing out in the first wash. Now I do feel PRO. Good job Santa I love my new shirts. santa
Fun Frog
Fun Frog

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:17 am

Sounds like a fun time! Let us know how it goes!
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun Frog Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:40 am

Back from the store, brushes and sponges drying in the sun.
Had a great time. Very Happy Had not ever setup and I had a small crowd of passers by watching the weird lady Embarassed in the ELF outfit (yes bells and hat included Laughing ) unpack her table and case. The store is in the middle of large shopping centre walk way so people pass by on all sides.
Started by painting a couple of the staff. Was not long until I had my first face in the chair. A stready stream from then on, sometimes 5 or 6 in line but they seemed to come from their parents coffee tables when they saw I had finished the last child. Had lots of cards taken from atop of my display, so lets hope a least a few call me. The most fun was the 20ish year old who wanted to be Spiderman. So I painted the red/white/green version AND he was on his way to WORK. Shocked Hope his boss likes it!!
Another promo company was set up across from me, which also took a card. So maybe they'll be calling me to help along their holiday accomodation promotions?

Have a great holiday time FPF. rendeer santa
Fun Frog
Fun Frog

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika's Creations2 Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am

Fun Frog wrote:Back from the store, brushes and sponges drying in the sun.
Had a great time. Very Happy Had not ever setup and I had a small crowd of passers by watching the weird lady Embarassed in the ELF outfit (yes bells and hat included Laughing ) unpack her table and case. The store is in the middle of large shopping centre walk way so people pass by on all sides.
Started by painting a couple of the staff. Was not long until I had my first face in the chair. A stready stream from then on, sometimes 5 or 6 in line but they seemed to come from their parents coffee tables when they saw I had finished the last child. Had lots of cards taken from atop of my display, so lets hope a least a few call me. The most fun was the 20ish year old who wanted to be Spiderman. So I painted the red/white/green version AND he was on his way to WORK. Shocked Hope his boss likes it!!
Another promo company was set up across from me, which also took a card. So maybe they'll be calling me to help along their holiday accomodation promotions?

Have a great holiday time FPF. rendeer santa
Awesome! Don't you get nervous when setting up? I mean with people staring at you like what's this about? Shocked
Mika's Creations2
Mika's Creations2

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:28 am

Glad it went well and you enjoyed yourself. I hope you get some more work out of it! I'm also going to be working my first shopping centre next week. I'm actually going to be there for 5 days overall! I just hope I'm not too swamped....looking forward to it though : )
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Awesome! I'm glad it went so well!
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down