Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:

+4
Winger1200
anniel
veelux
The Folly Fairy
8 posters

Go down

Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:  Empty Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:

Post by The Folly Fairy Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 am

Can you use the same types of glitter for glitter tattoos as you would use for face painting? I was thinking about starting to offer glitter tattoos as well as face painting, and was wondering what the difference was between the type of glitter you use. Can the glitter you use for the tattoos be use on the face painting design and visa versa? I would think they are both cosmetic glitter, but is there different qualities you look for which lend themselves better to one function over another. For instance, would iridescent or holographic glitter work for tattoos, or do you need a more plain glitter etc.?  I would like to be able to interchange them if possible to save on the initial investment. Also, what are the colors you use most? Favorite brands? Any advice you could give me would be highly appreciated.

The Folly Fairy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:  Empty Re: Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:

Post by veelux Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 pm

I am no expert, but I use the same glitter for both.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:  Empty Re: Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:

Post by anniel Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I might fudge on a shade or 2 for GT only & I was wondering about it, but generally speaking,jonetones.com for cosmetic.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 am

Transparent glitter is used for face painting so the glitter enhances but doesn't block out the design. I have one small poofer of multicolored "fairy dust" that goes with all colors for my face painting kit.
Opaque glitter is used for glitter tats in that it shows up best and you can't see thru it like you can with face painting glitter.

Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:  Glitte10
Metina has both kinds in her Shop and here are her tat glitters Very Happy 
http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1873
Hope this helps,
Susan
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Nope, you can't use the same glitter, translucent glitter won't work for tattoos, I have a bunch of beautiful pastel colors that don't show on tattoos, so I am sticking with solid bold colors.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Folly Fairy Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Thank for all the expert incites. Especially you Susan, for posting your large selections of colors. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.
I have a limited budget and have to start off small. What would be the most useful, must have, colors to start out with?

The Folly Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsMascara Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 am

I am pretty new too, and just an enthsiastic amateur face painter, but according to my children, they say pink, purple, silver, gold for girly designs, my boy says red, blue, white. However, i would wait, as I am sure an expert will be along soon, who will be able to give you much better advice!
MrsMascara
MrsMascara

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mhr2133 Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 am

You will need the main colors of black, silver, gold, emerald green, red, blue, purple, and a fuchsia darker pink - you can make a simple beginner kit with those alone. If I could add additional they would be an aqua and an orange. Avoid buying white and the lighter colors in the beginning, they do not look as good on a tattoo as the darker shades of color.
mhr2133
mhr2133

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Folly Fairy Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:07 pm

I've been looking at all the options and was thinking about getting the Ybody pro kit. It has silver, shell pink, lavender, turquoise, blue, black, jade, apple, gold, red,  copper, dark  purple. Also,  Platinum pure white cosmetic glitter, a black colorini, Bottle of Pink Body Glue 15ml and stencils. Has anyone had these products before?

The Folly Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Lighter color glitters look great on a darker skin tones, darker color glitter stands out more on a fair skin. I have Ybody glitter in pop-up cups. I think their glitter is a little more coarse that Signature glitter, that I have in poofers.
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Folly Fairy Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Good to know thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind. I just thought it would be a good starter kit but if another brand is better I'm open. No definite decisions made yet. Does Signature have some sort of starter kit? And who carries it?

The Folly Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:24 pm

It's not a bad thing, that it's coarser, I use it and like it a lot.
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Folly Fairy Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Oh good because I kinda liked the way they come in those connected containers that pop open rather than screw on.

The Folly Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:40 am

The pop-top holders are very nice. The smaller screw top pots of glitter were so messy and awkward for me to handle so I found smaller pop-top holders at Michaels for under five bucks for four. I refill them with the screw top pots that stay at home.
I use the poofers for speed & large areas
Very Happy 
Calling all Glitter Tattoo Experts:  Glitte11
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Folly Fairy Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Wow Susan, That is an impressive set-up. It's good to know you a can get those type of containers at Micheal's. I do have some of the screw on ones as well. They are a pain. I was leaving them unscrewed and unmanaged hands got into the container I had them sitting in, and I lost half my glitter in multiple colors. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for sharing the pic.

The Folly Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down