Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help

5 posters

Go down

Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help Empty Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help

Post by rbritt Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 am

I have been painting for 5 years. For the first time I have heard this: "My son has a rash where his face painting was at the outline." This was a text message I got at 11pm last night. I have responded back letting them know that I am glad they brought this to my attention and to please tell me what face painting it was and what colors I used.  Also that I hope the poor little guy feels better today. Has anyone dealt with something like this before? I am curious to see how you dealt with the parents as this could get ugly!

rbritt

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-24

Back to top Go down

Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help Empty Re: Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help

Post by Kris5115 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 am

I had someone tell me today that she developed hives where she was painted.  First time I had heard of a reaction.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help Empty Re: Rash around edge of designs from face paint-Help

Post by leapinglizards Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm

If it was around the edges but not UNDER the paint, I would think Sun rash.

leapinglizards

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.livecanvasart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shandi Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 pm

was it tag?
shandi
shandi

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://facepaintingbyshandi.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:16 pm

I have seen sunburn under black paint outlines before , I guess because black obsorbs sun rays??
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 am

If I am in the sun I sometimes have reactions - but I am allergic to the sun so... that's what I blame.

Also, kids often use strange things to clean off their faces - parents don't always supervise.

I had a little guy in the last show I did (Cinderella) who was painted as a mouse... after the first rehearsal he and his mom told me he "had a reaction to the make-up, could I use face paint instead"... ah, I WAS using face paints and none of the other mice had a reaction.  Apparently it was hives behind his ears... I didn't paint anywhere but the face as he was wearing a hooded costume.

But after observing him the next night... the costume was lined with some acrylic fabric that was rough, and lord knows how it was cleaned.  He was constantly rubbing his face - had the face paint smeared everywhere.

Anyway, I continued to use the same products... no more problems.

HOWEVER... a friend had sent me two of her DYED BLACK FWW sponges.  THAT is what I use on him the first night.  I threw them out, and used regular un-dyed sponges on him and no more reactions.

Now I am not saying the sponges or my make-up caused his reaction as I don't think they did, but... the dyed sponge is the only factor that I changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down