Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

outlining tear drops

3 posters

Go down

outlining tear drops Empty outlining tear drops

Post by nikkili26 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 am

Hi, how on earth do you outline white tear drops on masks....I have seen this done and it looks so cool, yet when I attempt it, mine looks sloppy and uneven...however, when others do it, the final appearance looks as if the "outline" has been highlighted with the tear drop (I found out this was not the case).

Is there a particular way of tracing the tear drop to get this effect?  I recently found out that you can make tear drops by pushing the fat end and then pulling to a tapered end...prior to this, I was starting with the thin end and pushing for my tear drops...

I am starting to think there is a particular way to outline tear drops and I am just getting the technique all wrong (such as when I was trying to replicate the pulled teardrops with my pushed tear drops...different techniques meant different results).
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

outlining tear drops Empty Re: outlining tear drops

Post by elantaura Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:36 am

Like tear drops themselves this too takes practice, and if the target is a fidget or young I would just leave it not outlined. You do need a smaller bush I find which means reloading more often. I struggled with this so all I can say is when you paint teardrops for practice outline them all after you are done.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 pm

they probably look sloppy and uneven because you're doing it too slow...
if you go really fast they look great, so you have to practice...
Can you do your teardrops very fast, without thinking about it? then you will be able to do that same movement with a thinner brush (or with the tip of the same brush you used for your teardrops) very fast as well!

so tonight: sit yourself in the couch wearing daisy duke shorts Very Happy
take white and purple paint and two brushes, and have a go on your legs while watching tv. by the time you're going to bed, you'll be able to outline your teardrops without hesitation!
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:58 pm

its very true about the hesitation - somethings in face painting are very just go for it nice and quick.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down