Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tear drops... brush too pointy?

4 posters

Go down

Tear drops... brush too pointy? Empty Tear drops... brush too pointy?

Post by jonwhunt Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 am

I've been practicing my tear drops but having some issues. I've been using a number 3 brush and trying to press down then drag to create a point like I see in all videos. The way I've been doing tear drops is dragging and then laying brush down to thicken end of the drop. I'd like to be able to do them like I see in videos because it seems a lot quicker and consistent. My brush seems too long and slender to make the drops though. Am I using too small a brush? The points on my number 3 brushes is super long and slender, just making a tiny dot. I've looked at some number 6 brushes and they look fatter at the handle but still super skinny at the tip. I ordered a Mark Reid number 6 because it looked a little fatter at the tip. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone know what I'm experiencing?

jonwhunt

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-05-10

Back to top Go down

Tear drops... brush too pointy? Empty Re: Tear drops... brush too pointy?

Post by MrsMascara Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 am

Hi,

I am no expert, but I saw a tip for teardrops, where you load your brush with paint both sides, so your brush is flat, then lay down the flat side and press, then lift off, with a slight twisting motion to creat the point. I have also had good results using a small filbert brush.

Hope this helps you. I am sure an expert will be along soon and do a better job explaining than I!

MM
MrsMascara
MrsMascara

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

I would practice with a larger brush, I use a 6 Loew Cornell for my outlining and most teardrops. Once you have it down with the larger size it should be easier with the size 3. Practice, practice, practice! Very Happy 
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:14 pm

I found filbert makes the best round tear drops.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down