Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!!

4 posters

Go down

First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!! Empty First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!!

Post by toastedsmores Fri May 10, 2013 11:29 am

Hi all,

I've got my first real gig tonite - a school carnival. I'm a bit nervous, as I've done freebies 2 times before this. Here's what i'm bringing, hope it's all okay...need some suggestions:

Paint: Tulip brand pots ($6.99 per pot, not a whole lot of color selection though)

Brushes: I got 'em at Hobby Lobby on sale in the artists dept - but someone said I should use actual MAKEUP brushes - is this true??

Designs: at my last "freebie" gig I did, my books were stolen by a parent (how lame!). I've got nothing now. Is it very professional to go in without ANY designs? the school would like to have me come back on a yearly basis, if they're pleased with me. Any suggestions on this????

Am I missing anything? DO most of you other painters out there paint your own faces for these types of events?? ANY and ALL help and suggestions are VERY MUCH appreciated!!!!

toastedsmores

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-05-10

Back to top Go down

First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!! Empty Re: First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!!

Post by eva Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Just a few tips. No worries about not having books. Just make a word board that says like , tiger, butterfly, ext. do not give them too many choices since you will be doing a lot of kids. tulip paint stains badly (except black, white and neon yellow) and will leave a bad taste in parents mouths when the colors stay on for days. As I realize you probably don't have time to order new paints, next time reach for the Snazaroo instead because the don't stain for the most part. Or order some professional paints, you get way more for your money. Www.facepaintforumshop.com
Good luck. School carnivals are hectic
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!! Empty Re: First Real gig...tonite! Nervous..HELP!!!

Post by veelux Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 am

how did it go?
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyhepler Fri May 17, 2013 12:02 am

Hope you did good Smile
kathyhepler
kathyhepler

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-08

http://www.FacesByKathy,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down