Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tulip face paint?

+2
JennyNixe
KikisFacePaintingWonders
6 posters

Go down

Tulip face paint? Empty Tulip face paint?

Post by KikisFacePaintingWonders Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Anyone want to share their review on Tulip's face paints, including the markers? Razz Thanks flower
KikisFacePaintingWonders
KikisFacePaintingWonders

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Tulip face paint? Empty Re: Tulip face paint?

Post by JennyNixe Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 am

The silver paint is great. Lots of the other colors and all the markers stain pretty bad.

This forum has a Search function in the upper right part of the page. Type in "Tulip" and you'll get several threads.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by A New Face Wed May 01, 2013 10:22 pm

When I first started I used a few. The colors do tend to stain and after a while they flake off and look crumbly, I have no noticed that with the other brands. I also remember the consistancy of the paint was anything from hard and chalk like to gooey. I love my Tag Wolfe and now starblends
A New Face
A New Face

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2012-11-05

http://anewfacenikkiwalters.wix.com/anewface

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Tue May 07, 2013 6:02 am

Welcome!
Please don't waste your money i made that mistake. Rather purchase tag is the same price for regular colors. About 6 dollars. See our facepaint forum shop they have a great range and their shipping is incredibly fast! No i am not paid by them Very Happy i am an happy client.
The flakes happens a lot with white which is the main color to use. I also notice separation on green some oil like leaking on the bottom. I would honestly suggest stay away from them is waste of time and money!! Ah one more thing my child stop having me painting her because it was pulling her face too much! After i had used it on her three time in different occasions she could not stand that stuff 5 minutes!
I can tell you more! At her best friend birthday party i painted 9 girls with it after i finished they all run to wash their faces! That was it for me!
One more thing... Very Happy when i finally order the real paint (i call it) i had to learn to use it all over again as the consistency is totally different. Mad
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon May 27, 2013 3:10 pm

personally, i like the black...i find it does a fantastic job lining AND making tear drops...i really enjoyed using it...my loads lasted a longer time with them, and the lines were sharper.

To be fair, I haven't tried the dfx, tag or mehor black yet.
I'm not saying it is better than wolfe or snaz, but I did like the results of my lines much better....until i can get a nicer brush and higher quality paint, I think the results I am getting are very good and I couldn't be happier.

Also, the black washes off just fine and leaves no marks..in fact, even though it says to use soap and water, i find a quick swipe with warm water does the trick easily. and it cost $4-5. Can't beat it, in my current budget.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 pm

also, my kids haven't complained yet, nor have i seen any signs of irritation, and I haven't seen any cracking either. Maybe I got a good batch, but I will definitely continue buying this if I don't earn a larger paint budget for myself Smile
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Here is a picture of the white cracking. Please see under my posting.
http://www.facepaintforum.com/t13413-tulip-paint?highlight=Tulip
PaolaSunglow
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msbecky Fri May 31, 2013 6:35 am

I agree with the others. Silver and black are good. White cracks on skin and the other colors stain. Other than silver, which I still have in my kit from last summer and haven't "upgraded yet", I have tossed all other colors and gone back to paradise and Tag for sponging/blending and Wolfe or DFX for line work.

msbecky

Number of posts : 7

Http://www.fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down