Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory.

4 posters

Go down

Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory. Empty Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory.

Post by Rayebs Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 pm

I purchased a set of 12 from Micheal's with a coupon, from $25 to $15. I had wanted to see if these were decent in any way to add to my limited supply. I was sorely disappointed.

Positives
1. All colors (save brown) showed up on a medium-dark brown skin tone.
(this was important, because the packaging only showed fair skin models, and my friend was curious if it would work on her skin tone.)

Negatives
1. Stains for a really long time
2. New package of markers has dried out markers. I had to dip in a liquid to get some flow, and then it was too wet.
3. Pretty much just looks like I drew on myself (or my dark skinned friend) with regular markers. Perhaps a little brighter, but did not look like 'paint'
4. White shows poorly on fair skin
5. They bleed in the skin wrinkles (like on back of hand) similar to a regular maker.

Rating: maybe 2. I wanna investigate more, to see if perhaps they can be used for spots of color? I don't have a round brush, so lil spots are difficult. Otherwise, pretty much a waste of money. But I wouldn't know if I didn't try them. I searched the web for reviews on the markers specifically, and did not find any.
Rayebs
Rayebs

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory. Empty Re: Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory.

Post by JennyNixe Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks for posting this, because I totally would have bought them when I saw them. I think I'll pass now.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory. Empty Re: Tulip Face Paint Markers Unsatisfactory.

Post by allanna82 Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 pm

I baught the regular Tulip facepaint and I found out that they do stain alot on child skin. Did use it once on my daughter's day care friends and I must say that the colors were looking good but the were a pain to take off. Took two days to be able to say there was no trace of it on the little faces. Crying or Very sad  Do I need to say that the parents were not that trilled to let me paint there kids after that.

Good thing I baught some paradise, Kryvaline and DFX...Very Happy 
allanna82
allanna82

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:54 pm

lets just say, the pictures on the package were very accurate.lol....i'm sorry you spent money on them, even at sale price!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down