Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to do cyberlox - new tutorial

+15
stackhouseh
Creabella
DannyB
CottonKandyClown
Jennifer Lange
Tweetsie
Katurah
Tineke
GlitterDazzle
Doe
l!zzie
liviluvsart
veelux
Lacey's Faces
Miss Yoko
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to do cyberlox - new tutorial - Page 2 Empty Re: How to do cyberlox - new tutorial

Post by Miss Yoko Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:56 pm

btw you are beautiful! I love you 
Miss Yoko
Miss Yoko

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.fancifulfaces.com

Back to top Go down

How to do cyberlox - new tutorial - Page 2 Empty Re: How to do cyberlox - new tutorial

Post by nikkili26 Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 am

omg, you are GORGEOUS Coral! you have those "smiling eyes", beautiful!

anywho, kids LOVE these...i didn't know what they were called, but i always loved wearing them in pigtails and they'd call me "nikki noodle head"...

after they get "used up", i trimmed them into "chinese finger traps" and give to the kids....

stick a finger in each end, and they are in trouble!lol....comes right off though once i tell them the trick!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Aw, shucks guys. Embarassed  Having a mini teary moment here because nobody has ever thought I looked beautiful before. (Well, except for a few creepy strangers on FB, but I'm pretty sure they don't count! No)

So you tie just two single strands of crin Miss Yoko?  I was thinking I'll have to tie them back a bit somehow otherwise they'll be in my face all the time.  Will try that!  Thanks Very Happy 

What colour are your cyberlox Nikki? (aka Nikki Noodle Head, lol).  Now I'm off to hunt down a scrap of crin to figure out how the 'chinese finger trap' thing works...

Last edited by Coral3 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:24 am

I had a mix of red white silvery and clear...i got them already made and they were not this fluffy!
My kids stick stuff in the tubes so I have to wait til they grow out of that stage, but I want to wear it at work!

For the traps, cut a chunk big enough to stick a finger in each end. When you pull your fingers out, the crin will stretch and it wont come off! But if you push your fingers together again and hold the crin in place, your finger slides right out!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:00 am

nikkili26 wrote:omg, you are GORGEOUS Coral! you have those "smiling eyes", beautiful!
^i was thinking the same thing when I first peeked at this thread Smile

I've been really liking the idea of having something fun and quirky for painting in. I haven't ever seen the cyber locks on a painter before and thought it was a Miss Yoko exclusive image! :)you do rock it Yoko though, I must say!
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:40 am

Creabella wrote:Too bad, in Holland, they are hard to get... And what we are able to get is just a few colors....

What a pity!
You can get them in Venlo, Creabella!!
PM me, if you're still interested!

Coral, you're just gorgeous!!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:41 am

My thoughts exactly ThouART, something a bit fun and quirky. And yes, Miss Yoko absolutely rocks her look! Cool 

Clothing-wise I wear black button up shirt and black pants for painting, because it sends the message that I treat it seriously/professionally , so people will take me seriously...but lately I've been thinking the all black a bit TOO serious looking. So I'm planning to keep the all black shirts etc, but wear the cyberlox with it & I have some hot pink shoes to wear as well.

I have tried just a hot pink wig...but I have so much trouble putting it on right for some reason & I feel self-conscious about it, worrying that my real hair is popping out somewhere.

Plus the cyberlox have huge WOW factor, so people can't fail to notice there is a facepainter. (Well, that's what I'm hoping)
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53 pm

I've been really trying to think over image (being a business and all) and I understand the black being clean, and business professional, but I feel with my dark hair it makes me look so colorless. I've been thinking of wearing lighter pastels to appear more friendly and approachable, any other thoughts on this?
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Have you thought of a polo shirt in a solid bright colour ThouART? Or you could do a pastel colour if that fits in with your image better.  The collar would give a more professional look than a standard collarless t-shirt.  You could get your logo printed/embroidered on it.  ??
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm not a big fan of "uniform" like attire but do like a professional look when doing business, like a simple sweet dress shirt. A bright colorful t-shirt may be all right with a logo though.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:09 pm

The beauty of being a FPer is that you can pretty much get away with wearing almost anything. Go dressed as a pirate and nobody will bat an eyelid. In fact you could probably charge extra for it.
Coral3
Coral3

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Good point Smile I would love to go crazy with costume but I'm not known to be the most graceful individual, I spilled a small bottle of latex last night Neutral then spilled it again after I "safely" set it down on the table... Geeze
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2