Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for painting adults

4 posters

Go down

Tips for painting adults Empty Tips for painting adults

Post by kathyrisley Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Does anyone have any special tricks for successfully painting designs over an adult client where skin is not as smooth? Is there a product that would help create a smooth surface before painting? Maybe a base coat of skin tone color paint? I was hired last year to paint a Mardi Gras mask for a lady and it was the first time I had painted an older adult. It worked out fine and she was very happy with the end product but I didn't think my line work turned out as crisp as it does when painting a child with taut skin. I would love any tips that you think might help as I am excited to have the opportunity to paint her again (and 2 of her friends).
Thanks!
Kathy
kathyrisley
kathyrisley

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Tips for painting adults Empty Re: Tips for painting adults

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 pm

I heard someone say that preperation h helps Shocked
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Erica's Funny Faces wrote:I heard someone say that preperation h helps Shocked
Well not technically "heard" lol. I saw it in a thread...maybe it was Shannon. Almost all good advice stems from her. Very Happy
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 pm

You might try a BB cream to even out texture. They're trendy in the make up world right now and they come in light, medium, and dark, so you don't have to match exactly. Garnier makes one for around $11. As far as application, I'd squirt it on a palette and use my fingers or a cosmetic sponge to apply.

Of course, evening out skin texture is not going to help with loose skin and deeper wrinkles.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm

I would personally just adjust the design to the contours of their face.

For example... stick to gentle sponging around the outside of the eyes (crows feet) to avoid sloppy linework in the wrinkles. Do your linework where the skin is smoother (maybe forehead, temples, cheeks?)

I've heard metallic paint draws more attention to wrinkles, so try to avoid it in those areas. And use lots of glitter to make everything sparkly and beautiful! Wink
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 am

Janna is correct, IMO.

Do designs that work with the face. Avoid metallics and shimmers on very creased skin, keep the linework away from the eyes.

Do masks with eye holes instead of painting over the lids - on vintage skin the make-up is going to slide into the creases no matter what so just avoid it.

Personally... I wouldn't bother with primers or other sorts of creams underneath face paint for a one-of for a party etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down