Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blues and greens staining

+3
PaintedFaces
TheGildedCat
KourtneyRowe
7 posters

Go down

blues and greens staining Empty blues and greens staining

Post by KourtneyRowe Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Do all brands of blues and greens stain the skin? I have diamond FX and I have to scrub and scrub to get those colors off the skin. What do you recommend to remove the face painting?

KourtneyRowe

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down

blues and greens staining Empty Re: blues and greens staining

Post by TheGildedCat Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 pm

No, they don't all stain, and staining varies from person to person. I use a lot of blues and greens on my face fairly often (see avatar at left) but I rarely have them stain my face.

I find that the more moisturized your skin is, the less staining there is. I usually use a coconut oil moisturizer as well as a sun screen for events. That combo keeps it from staining my face. If I paint my arm (the skin is drier there), then I do often have some staining if I haven't moisturized my arms recently.

The best way to remove face paint is to apply a liquid soap or cleanser FIRST before you apply any water. Water reactivates the paint and seems to sink it further into your pores. The soap breaks down the paint and then it's easier to rinse it away. If there is residual staining, do not scrub, apply a thick moisturizer, let it stay on your skin for 10-30 min and then try soaping it again.

Everyone has a slightly different way of removing face paint, but this is what works for me and keeps me from staining.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Definitely the drier the skin, the more staining. I use a facial scrub daily and I don't often get stains when I paint my face, but on my arms I find a lot of the darker greens, blues and black stain. Maybe the paint soaks into dead skin cells and you have to remove them to get rid of it.

GildedCat's method works well.
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 am

I find all brands of green and teal can stain on some people. Usually I've found fairer kids stain more. I've had a job where I'm in the same place painting every day for months and the kids will often have a faint stain from the previous day's painting. Also TAG red can stain too and wolfe black.

Now when I get a fairer kid in I will make a point of explaining how to remove it - make-up remover or gentle soap lathered up on the paint before gently wiping with a warm wet face washer. If some remains then baby/olive oil then more make-up remover. The fact that I have had kids coming back every day means most parents don't seem to mind. Usually it is from the green in splitcakes.

Also if kids sleep with paint on (they will insist on doing that..then staining is worse!)
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Now see I'd say Yes, most all brands leave a residue. Of course I am pretty blond so colors love to stay............
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyart Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

I agree. Greens and especially TEAL is terrible for staining. I'm familiar with pigments, and it's the pigment that is staining, so it won't matter the brand. I'm using Mehron, and don't find the blue and black staining, but those pigments are known for it as well. When I first started testing out on my own face (normal skin) there was little staining. This winter has been dry, and now the teal is really staining. After an initial luke warm water wash with washcloth, I used Olive Oil with a cotton pad, and gently scrubbed the skin, then a natural glycerin soap to finish off and was AMAZED! No stains left. I will take advice to also pre-moisturize, and since everyone has different skin, I think something neutral and light, like a gel or coconut oil moisturizer with a primer base would be a good prep before working on others.

stormyart

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:32 pm

I use the TAG greens and they all stain my face after painting it so before i use them i make sure i have a good layer of fondation on my face before painting. its acts as a barrier and ive never had a problem since.. although it makes me wonder how hard it is for mothers to get it off there kiddies :/
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-09-06

http://www.gorjessfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down