Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments?

4 posters

Go down

Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments? Empty Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments?

Post by Juliet J Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:44 am

I've been wanting to approach some local businesses about doing face painting for them on a weekly/biweekly/monthly basis. (I figure I may have to ask around a bit before I find one that would be interested.)

I'm wondering if anyone here has suggestions on how to approach them, what I could ask them to pay me, etc?

I actually have face painted monthly at two different places when I worked for Abrakadoodle -- and I know that the restaurants paid them -- but they were very close-lipped about those sorts of things, so I really have no idea how much they charged or how they set it all up. I do know that they always let me put a tip jar out, however. Which was nice.

Anyway, if anyone here has experience with this, or even just ideas, I would love to hear back from you.

Juliet J
Juliet J

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Back to top Go down

Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments? Empty Re: Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments?

Post by Juliet J Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:48 am

PS - I'm so excited to have discovered all of you on this face painting forum!!!
Juliet J
Juliet J

Back to top Go down

Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments? Empty Re: Getting (Creating) Gigs at restaurants or other kid-friendly establishments?

Post by TinafromNY Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:25 am

Welcome Juliet!!!! If you type in the word "Restaurants" on the home page, up will come some great threads about this very thing!!!!! Tina :-)
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Welcome Juliet!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet J Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Thank you for the tip! I think I'm starting the hang of this forum now:)
And thank you for the welcome, Valerie:)

PS I keep trying to 'like' your comments -- too used to facebook, I guess!
Juliet J
Juliet J

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Welcome Juliet, hope you enjoy the forum. There are so many nice people here and they are always ready to lend support and offer kind words.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Juliet, Another way you can find things on the forum (and probably a better way) is go to google and type in "face paint forum" then the subject you want to read about. It is a more comprehensive search (I learned this tip from others in the forum I love you )

Veelux, how is the weather in your area tonite? It's gotten a lot colder here in Oregon, so I imagine you are very cold up your way!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet J Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Thank you again Smile
Juliet J
Juliet J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down