Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards

+6
modernmagik
moonprints
lunchlady
Just Jenny
Metina
photomomma6
10 posters

Go down

New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards Empty New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards

Post by photomomma6 Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 pm

Need your feedback...you all are the best at helping me improve my designs. I was thinking of maybe making the heads above me a balloon grouping with strings coming from my hands? Let me know what you think Thanks! This is a tri-fold!
New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards Face2Fac3
photomomma6
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards Empty Re: New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards

Post by Metina Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm

It looks nice, but I would try and cut out any text that isn't absolutely necessary.

Rates:
$60 per hour. Additional charges may apply. Call for a quote.

What to expect:
12-15 face painted per hour using only professional, FDA approved face paint.

Jitterbug the Clown is available for $125 per hour w/a two hour minimum. Balloon twisting and/or singing ditty-gram are also available for an additional fee.

I would left justify the events and remove the asteris as they don't refer to anything. I would double check your comma placements as well.

Hope this helps.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards Empty Re: New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards

Post by Just Jenny Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:35 pm

I agree with Metina about the rates.....If you want a price there, do it with room to make changes. Make it simple like:
Starting as low as $60 per hour. Call for a quote.
then drop the dance about what would make changes....Let them call you so you get a chance to talk to them.

Change one of Jitterbugs pictures to a picture of you...You are selling you!

Introduce Jitter bug and then sell her by what she does and why she should be there. drop the money dance...save it for when you get the call.

NO NO don't do the web from the clown hand, it would imply that they come together, therefore being part of the $60 starting rate. My personal view again is don't put in that second rate at all, wait for the call.

Why are your rates for Face Painting so Low?????? What are the rates for others who live in your area???? If you charge to little, you will be undercutting others and you won't really be earning any money, just maybe breaking even. Do a spread sheet to figure out what your costs are and how much you need to charge to make a profit. See Shannon, she has a good one on her site if I remember right.

I love the pictures but you might want to change out spider boy now that Disney owns him, there is lots of talk that Disney will come after you, so why take the chance.

Drop the comment of doing PPF at Festivals....enough that you do festivals, negotiate to get paid first, then if you want to negotiate PPF you can....don't offer it first.

Wow, girl you are awesome. Putting together a trifold that is so beautiful is simply incredible.

Let me go back and look at it some more....

Jenny

Just Jenny

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://www.JustJennyFaceArt.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by lunchlady Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:47 pm

It looks great. It looks like you covered it all. What will be on the other side of your trifold? Are you only using one side? Think about how it will look folded. You can use both sides to list more info or pictures. Maybe a panel or two for facepainting and a panel or two for Jitterbug. You might as well use both sides to sell yourself.

I noticed one typo. In the middle panel, under Rates, forth line down, word "additional". Just thought I'd tell you before you go to print.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Laura

lunchlady

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by moonprints Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:34 pm

I agree- is there another side to this brochure? I would put the framed clown pic on the back when it's folded up, then have the full body one on the inside. (and having your actual face would be a good idea too depending on if you want your street face on the brochure) I agree with limiting text and playing around with wording, and while the balloon idea is cute, I understand the point about people thinking the face painting and clown booking would come together as you will be visually linking them on the brochure.

I would also add red to the areas of text you want to have emphasis on (bold-ed/astrisk-ed) because it seems to be the other main color in your costume.
Also, personally I would put two different pictures on either side of the face 2 face painting not mirror images, and I would also put a different picture for one of the cats so you can show as much variety as possible.

Also, do you have an e-mail address contact? I know some people prefer to contact initially via e-mail rather than phone.

Overall very cute though! Let us know what you end up with!

Manda Smile
moonprints
moonprints

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by modernmagik Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:07 pm

I would replace the "lion" face with one that is more colorful and eye-catching. Leave the "tiger" boy though.....cause he is ADORABLE.
Also, as Jenny said.....you might reconsider having Spiderman on the flier.

Also, ditto the others about wordiness.....keep it simple on the flier.
Maybe bullet point the things you offer, and only list a "starting at" price.

If you are only charging $60 per hour to face paint, you are most likely short changing yourself. You really need to consider your time, supplies, drive time, gas, costume maintenance, the extra time it takes to get into character before the job, plus all of your overhead like the printing costs of the flier, website hosting, etc.

modernmagik

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.wemakefaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Okay, we've moved to St. Paul, so I haven't been on line in a while. Thanks for all the comments and critique. Actually I based all my info on Gary Cole's business cards. He said feel free to use whatever I wanted. It seemed to cover all the bases.
The cost is usually what the area is charging. I don't know many in this area, and until I'm better at what I do, I feel it is fair. I did a birthday party with about 8 kids on Sunday, and for one hour I charged $75. She didn't blink an eye. I don't have a website yet, but it's in the making. I redid the part of the clown with the faces as balloons with strings to my hand. It looks GREAT, but I'm at the library, and can't get it on here. I'll get it on some time soon.
I'll work on the wordiness. Thank you all so much for your help!! I LOVE YOU GUYS__AND GIRLS!!!!
photomomma6
photomomma6

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:50 pm

I wouldn't put a price on the brochure -your not selling the price your selling a service. If anything you can always leave a space for a sticker with prices. I have my prices on my contract.
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-10-01

http://www.makingfacesparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Okay, so I'm off to home to change the price thingie. What do you all suggest? Price or no price or suggested price? HELP!! Here's what it looks like for now...
New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards Face2Fac3-1
photomomma6
photomomma6

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie the Face Painter Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:38 am

I wanted to thank you for posting your flyer....It did not know where to start I used some ideas from yours in my planning....thanks so so much....In my town the elementary school Principles and the PTA presidents have a meeting once a month....I asked a PTA mom if there was some way I could have flyers at these meetings...There are 30 elementary schools in our town so there will be about 60 in attendance. She said they set up a table with flyers on it for these individuals to pick up. I'm trying to get the design done over break to the'll be ready....Please post any suggestions.....Well I'll have to figure out what format .pdf etc to use to post[img]New Brochure to take to restaurants in the area, and put on billboards Flyer_16[/img]
Frenchie the Face Painter

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-10-25

http://www.frenchiethefacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpers4you Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Hey, Frenchie! From a marketing standpoint, if you want to get the high paying customers (ie: be able to charge more and still be very busy), you need to have the appearance of a high end company (even if you are not). This ad says what you need, but it's plain and "cold" if that makes sense. My computer crashed and I can't pull my marketing files from my hard drive because of security permissions, but as soon as I figure that out I will post a few of our ads that we've done. Pictures are worth a thousand words - and color draws the eye's attention - both will dramatically improve the look of your card. The last postcard I designed for belly painting used my photos as the background (watermarked images). Then I had a few lines of text on the front with the important information I wanted to get across, and the back had my contact information and a very small "about me" paragraph. Many people will not take the time to stop and read something that is nothing but text, but when a photo catches their eye, they will want to know more about it and WILL read the text (as long as it is not overloaded). So just touch on your key points, and save the long-winded stuff for your contracts or even the back of the card. Don't waste the space! Always put something back there...On the back of my business card I have 'removal' instructions for all of the different services I offer.

Hope this helps! I'll post a few pics when I can get to them =).
jumpers4you
jumpers4you

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchie the Face Painter Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

thanks for the thoughts
My daughter said it was plain
I would love to see other flyers
I made this in free online google docs..
I wonder if there are sites I could use to build a flyer with more pizzaz!
great feedback!

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-10-25

http://www.frenchiethefacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpers4you Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Frenchie,

I found a few .pdf's that I can send to you if you PM me your email address. Still working on getting the graphics files for the ads, but these will give you an idea of what I was referring to.
jumpers4you
jumpers4you

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyamaldo119 Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 pm

photomomma6 wrote:Okay, we've moved to St. Paul, so I haven't been on line in a while. Thanks for all the comments and critique. Actually I based all my info on Gary Cole's business cards. He said feel free to use whatever I wanted. It seemed to cover all the bases.
The cost is usually what the area is charging. I don't know many in this area, and until I'm better at what I do, I feel it is fair. I did a birthday party with about 8 kids on Sunday, and for one hour I charged $75. She didn't blink an eye. I don't have a website yet, but it's in the making. I redid the part of the clown with the faces as balloons with strings to my hand. It looks GREAT, but I'm at the library, and can't get it on here. I'll get it on some time soon.
I'll work on the wordiness. Thank you all so much for your help!! I LOVE YOU GUYS__AND GIRLS!!!!

By the way you can make a free website to start off with on Microsoft Office Live Small Business. If you want the personalized domain name it will cost you about $14 a year with them.
tanyamaldo119
tanyamaldo119

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-08-09

http://www.misstanyasfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down