Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette)

4 posters

Go down

Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette) Empty Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette)

Post by Ashley Pickin Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Okay, I didn't buy this palette, I won it. I had to pick something! haha...

Good points:
-I like the 30ml size containers, they are big enough to fit my sponge and large brushes into
-I like having a lot of colors all in the same holder
-The palette is the new hard one.. It's really just the regular thin one, but it's been flipped over and filled with resin to make it hard. It's definitely hard, but it's heavy!

Bad points:
-You can't pick the colors that you get in it... that annoys me. There are colors in this that I will never use.
-The lid is a joke.. it's not a "lid," it's just a cover. If you're like me, and you store your paints sitting up vertically in a bag, than this lid is going to allow all of the paint containers to fall out.. which is REALLY annoying.

Overall I think that the palette is nice, but I'm not a huge fan of the Snaz colors that came with it. Who needs three kids of yellow, or four kinds of green?? I would be willing to buy this someday, maybe, if I could pick the colors.

I HATE the lid, it needs a real lid, one that snaps down or something. The one that comes with it is really lame, especially since I keep my paints stored on their side, vertically.

It's nice and hard, because it's been filled with resin... I can't imagine if it weren't filled with resin, it'd be so wobbly... how would you hold it without the tray bending and the paint containers falling out?? It's really heavy though.. I wouldn't plan on picking it up frequently while working.

Lotta money...good if you like the colors.
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.picnpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette) Empty Re: Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette)

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Won it? From the Free for All??? Anything FREE is good with me... Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette) Icon_lol

Is the lid similar to the lids on the Jumbo Palettes? Clear light fitted plastic?

You could ask Cindy what she does about the lids since she uses several of them.

I like the 30ml containers - but I would take the paints out and put them directly into the tray.

Back to top Go down

Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette) Empty Re: Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette)

Post by Just Jenny Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Post a pic please.

Jenny

Just Jenny

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://www.JustJennyFaceArt.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 am

Hey Ash, you won a resin-filled Pro-22?? I have one of the tester Pro-22 palettes filled with resin, but it was my understanding that Gary was not going to continue producing them. scratch

I love my Pro-22s, but I actually like the NON-resin one better. The resin makes the palette very heavy, and mine warped due to extreme heat while left in my car one day this summer. The non-resin tray is more flimsy, but I leave mine on my cart surface permanently so it makes little difference to me. As far as the 30ml wells - I LOVE them! Perfect for split or custom cakes. If I were you I'd just pop the cakes you don't want out of the palette and sell or trade them.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 pm

AngieAnders wrote:Hey Ash, you won a resin-filled Pro-22?? I have one of the tester Pro-22 palettes filled with resin, but it was my understanding that Gary was not going to continue producing them. scratch

I love my Pro-22s, but I actually like the NON-resin one better. The resin makes the palette very heavy, and mine warped due to extreme heat while left in my car one day this summer. The non-resin tray is more flimsy, but I leave mine on my cart surface permanently so it makes little difference to me. As far as the 30ml wells - I LOVE them! Perfect for split or custom cakes. If I were you I'd just pop the cakes you don't want out of the palette and sell or trade them.

I don't know Angie... when I ordered it, he just offered to send me a hard one. I said sure, I was pretty surprised to see that it was a resin tray, I was like... "clever monkey! why didn't I think of that?"

I almost never put paint directly into the wells of my holders because I like to take them out and rearrange and stuff.. but looks like I'll have to put these in the wells. Good idea on the selling them thing... I think I'll do that. I had forgotten how soft Snaz gets in heat... mine sat in the car on the way to the gig and when I went to use them they were mushy.. workable, but an odd thing to work with..haha.. I had this thought in my head of the paints being shy for their first gig.. Laughing
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:Won it? From the Free for All??? Anything FREE is good with me... Snaz Pro-Palette 22 color palette(w/ hard palette) Icon_lol

Is the lid similar to the lids on the Jumbo Palettes? Clear light fitted plastic?

You could ask Cindy what she does about the lids since she uses several of them.

I like the 30ml containers - but I would take the paints out and put them directly into the tray.

Don't think me crazy Shannon. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth! I was uber thankful to get free paint, especially since I have a couple of other people painting with me these days.. but the lid does annoy me, but it's because of the way that I store it.. I'm have to come up with some kind of security measure so that things stay together.
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Jenny Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:29 am

[quote I'm have to come up with some kind of security measure so that things stay together.[/quote]

Balloons! That's the answer!

Jenny

Just Jenny

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://www.JustJennyFaceArt.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Pickin Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:05 am

Just Jenny wrote:[quote I'm have to come up with some kind of security measure so that things stay together.

Balloons! That's the answer!

Jenny[/quote]

I thought about balloons(use them for tons of stuff!) but that will only hold the original lid on.. I'm trying to device a new lid all together... Neutral
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Back to top Go down

Post by modernmagik Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:50 pm

I totally agree about the lid on the Pro Pallets.
I was a part of the "test" group as well (just testing the durability and functionality of the tray itself....didn't come with make-up in it....came empty), and my tray separated from the resin and was never even out in the heat.....just started to separate because of the shiny plastic the tray is made from.
To answer Shannon's question about the lid......YES and NO.....The lid seems to be made from the same clear plastic material as the jumbo tray lids, but it just lays over the top of the tray. I does not "snap" down snugly the way the jumbo tray lids do......if it did, there would be no problem.
I, like Ashley, also transport my make-up pallets vertically, so it was not functional for me the way I am used to carrying my stuff either.

modernmagik

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.wemakefaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Okay, that's good to know. I like the look of it but have so far resisted as it is too big to fit in my kit box anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down