Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book on brush strokes

3 posters

Go down

Book on brush strokes Empty Book on brush strokes

Post by facepainter1221 Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:34 am

Can anyone suggest some books on brush strokes. I saw one mention in a discussion and I can't find it again. It was a book with at lease 100 different strokes?? Any suggestions would be helpful. I've viewed brush strokes mag on you tube (angle brushes etc) and would love a book to reference. Very Happy

facepainter1221

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.MakeAFace4u.com

Back to top Go down

Book on brush strokes Empty Re: Book on brush strokes

Post by funfacesforu Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:04 am

I have the Brushstroke Handbook by Maureen McNaughton. Its 144 pages. I like it, it lists the specific brush to use for each specific brush stroke and has many illustruations and beautiful samples. Its not specifically for face painting but the techniques still apply. Now that the Halloween frenzy is over, I have to go back into the back again and learn more.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:38 pm

The Brush Stroke Workbook by Jackie Shaw.
Comes with a special water activated paper to practice strokework, used to be about $13. Maybe hard to find but excellent. I just checked - $3 used on Amazon maybe w/o the paper but you can still get that elsewhere if you want that.

Also online Micheal's used to have step by step tutorials.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down