Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop?

+2
SuzySparkles
AvidLebon
6 posters

Go down

Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop? Empty Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop?

Post by AvidLebon Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 pm

I had this thought, but I'm not sure if people would get angry at me for posting it, but hopefully they won't get angry at me for simply asking.

In the face paint swap shop (Subforum) people trade physical items- well, what about trading skills? My primary job is as a digital artist- illustration, animation, and photoshop work. I've been seeing people asking for things such as how do they put a copyright on their photo, how do they hide a copyright in a photo, how can they get some basic photo clean up/ editing. I'm sure a lot of people already know how to do it, but for those who don't maybe I could trade my digital skills for a swap of some face paint related supplies.

I'm just worried that it isn't a physical item for a physical item, an image rather.
Maybe people might like it, maybe I'll be an easy way for them to accomplish what they want to do! Or maybe I'll just make everyone mad at me and I really don't want any drama. I'm sure if anyone has looked into getting professional digital work done they'll see it DOES have worth though. I was looking for a faq on that area and I can't find one, It's probably RIGHT THERE I'm just overlooking it I'm sure.
AvidLebon
AvidLebon

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-09-16

http://avidlebon.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop? Empty Re: Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop?

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 am

I just don't think this is allowed. I will talk to Metina though and find out an answer. I think this falls under advertising yourself... who knows. Will be back w/ answer
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop? Empty Re: Is this sort of trade allowed in the Face Paint Swap Shop?

Post by mamakatrien Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 am

That is a very valid question. I have been wanting to reach out too - when I read questions about digital editing. Except, it did not cross my mind to trade it as a service.

In my opinion , "trading" skill and knowledge is what we do on the forum. Every time one of the artists here puts up a piece of advice, an example of their work, I am grateful that they willingly share that knowledge. Even asking for idea's for a certain fp theme I consider that a personal favour.

I have thought about offering help (for free) with the digital imaging questions in the "technical questions" section of the Forum. But since it is a quiet section I was not sure if it was in place to do so.

I would be inclined to think that the swap shop is only for trading actual items that have become redundant to us. But I'll be watching this topic with interest!
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 am

In the past I have seen post of people asking for logo design, or web pages, they payed cash.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 am

I don't see it as any different than someone selling practice heads they pick up from a beauty school. As long as it isn't for sale in the shop, there isn't a conflict of interest.
And it is highly relevant to our businesses.
If it wasn't relevant to our business, I'd say no, but it is.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm

I talked to Metina tonight. This will not be allowed, sorry. The swap shop is simply for trading face paint, supplies to do with face painting... or glitter tattoos. Nothing that you have personally made (glitter tattoos, logos, websites, etc..)

I hope your question was answered!

Thanks all,

Suzy
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by AvidLebon Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Yup! Thanks for the answer. Glad I asked it here first.
AvidLebon
AvidLebon

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-09-16

http://avidlebon.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 pm

But, there is a conflict here. There was a newer member selling or trading her home made glitter tattoo stencils for supplies. She asked permission and was given permission. Not sure why that is allowable and technical support isn;t.
What if Metina had them trade their technical services for gift cert. to the shop? A win/win for her fpf shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Her post was deleted and she was notified that it was not allowed.

I am really not going to argue. It is what it is...

Thanks!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 pm

No argument here.....I was the one who told her to get permission and she said all wasy fine.
As moderators of this forum...you guys have to stop being so abrupt when someone says something that you do not like.
I merely asked an honest question.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

I am just really tired of arguing with people and being questioned again and again. It isn't just you it is tons of people, OVER AND OVER arguing with me and I really don't feel like I have to explain things again and again. I have other things to do with my day and like to come on here to merely catch up on things and have fun... it seems as though people are intent on arguing with me over and over this last month and I am really kind of fed up. Don't say there was no argument when the first thing you typed was a 'conflict' of someone being allowed to do something...

I am glad to answer any questions but I don't feel like I have to devote my whole online life into answering them and then arguing over the answer. I love this forum, I love Metina.. I love a heck of a lot of you and enjoy reading what you write. I would just like to keep it that way. I know things don't seem as bad from the non-moderator stand point but I have to deal with a lot. Everyone just go back to sharing and having fun and let this what can I sell on this website stuff rest.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Excuse me......but when you came out with the Suzy Sparkles, I was one of your #1 supporters. I have never stolen 1 customer away from Metina.

And just bc I start with the sentence"But, there is a conflict here>" does NOT mean I am arguing the facts. You need to get off your high horse and stop being a bully.
You allow some to do one thing and then the ones that disagree with you are either banned or not allowed to display their websites bc I happen to sell ONLY TAG paints in Canada. Big deal. Is my tiny little side business that much of a threat to the fpf shop? NO way!

Maybe stop arguing and looking for an argument and just moderate fights.
Geesh.....helping one another and standing up for one another is obviously a huge violation of this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 am

Wow! This saddens me that it has come to this.

Glitteryfly you are right in that at times we have allowed some things and then had to go back and reverse our decision based on further research and PM's that we have gotten from forum members about inappropriate behavior. Members that have been allowed a little bit of leway and then we find out they are selling and promoting via PM to other members and pushing their own websites, and trying to sell new stuff if the swap shop that is clearly new items.

We are human here. We try to be as flexible as possible, but when we are being taken advantage of, we have to step back and enforce the rules for everyone because a few have pushed the limits.

Our reasoning here is that if we allow this, where does it end? We have to go back to used items for cash or used items for used items in the Swap Shop. Due to the behavior of a few, we will now have to enforce this to the letter. We will try and do a better job enforcing this. I will write out new and clear rules.

Susan has been barraged with hateful PM's because she is merely trying to do her job for me and I am very embarrassed for those writing these when I read them. You know who you are and I suggest you take a break and reflect on things. Otherwise you will be asked to leave as your behavior is not in the spirit of this forum. Thanks so much!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:46 am

If you have a business you can advertise this under the "advertise your business here" section. Thanks so much!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down