Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes

+5
amylady222
barbb919
anniel
martha
OneFirefly
9 posters

Go down

Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes Empty Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes

Post by OneFirefly Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Is this possible? I'm organising some paints for a fundraising event where I'll have 4 helpers so need to make 2 mini kits up for as little as possible. I'm going to buy some full colour cakes and cut slits out to make some one-strokes. How can I successfully make the full colour cakes look nice again after? Do I just warm the paint and push it to fill up the gap? I don't want to turn up with 'new' kits that already looked hacked into.

Thanks! Smile
OneFirefly
OneFirefly

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-12-23

Back to top Go down

Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes Empty Re: Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes

Post by martha Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Cover top with plastic wrap and keep rubbing and pushing with your thumb. Fresh paint will usually smoosh together pretty well. If you need more pliability, 5-10 seconds in microwave will help but I try to avoid it as it seems to make them more rubbery.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes Empty Re: Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes

Post by anniel Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Use the bowl side of a teaspoon & you can apply enough pressure if they aren't pliable. Maybe a drop or so of warm water...
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:56 pm

you can also make you cakes into 2 color pots and therefore getting 24 colors of paint into 12 pots...makes for more color choices with less room in your kit...here is a picture of my kit..[img]Making paints 'pretty' after cutting for split cakes My_pai10[/img]
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

does anyone have a step by step or video on how this works?

I am more of a visual person

amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvs to paint Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am

i spritz the cake with a little water, then mush it into place with my finger or something flat, then i leave the lid off so it will dry. this will work even if your cake is dry and crumbly, just add enough water to "melt" enough paint to reshape it into the pot. once it's dry, a light re-spritz with water and a rub with a sponge usually levels off any bumps.

i don't heat my cake or add warm or hot water, just room temp water works for me.
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ashovoxo Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 am

Barb what kind of cases are those and where did you get them? Very Happy I'm looking to purchase some for my paint that aren't laptop cases lol did you make your own inserts for them?
ashovoxo
ashovoxo

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://fearlessfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ninaschau Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I am also looking for cases, been to Michaels, staples, and found nothing confused
ninaschau
ninaschau

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2012-08-03

http://www.fantasyfacebyNina,com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Try Office Depot. They have a case ther similiar to a laptop in size. They called it a "project case". Used spray paint for plastics and did mine black.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/444112/Innovative-Storage-Designs-Project-Case-Letter/
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey Barb...LOVE how you stylized your brush holder! Don't they come white? Did you wrap it with contact or something? Cute!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down