Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many brushes

3 posters

Go down

How many brushes Empty How many brushes

Post by MariasFF&BA Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 pm

This is probably going to be a silly question. But how many brushes do you put out when setting up your table?
I have found, like most of you I'm sure, that I have a TON of brushes, just becasue of buying, trying out and testing brushes and then having some I like the best. After this Halloween season I have found that I Pretty much stick with about 5 brushes. I may use a special one here and there but I find I am putting a bunch of brushes out in my holder just to "LOOK" good. Do any of you have this issue. I am really trying to minimize my kit as I have found there are just things I do NOT use at a regular normal paint as fast as I can type of gig.

MariasFF&BA

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

How many brushes Empty Re: How many brushes

Post by elantaura Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 pm

this took me a long time to reduce but ...for a small party I take:
2 liners
3 sise 1 rounds ( i use two but always seem to misplace one)
3 sise 3 round
4 sise 4 rounds (2 - 7000c and 2 - 7040)
1 sise 6 round
1 sise 6 filbert
1 sise 8 filbert
1 sise 10 filbert
1 rake
dagger brush (sise worn off)
butterfly brush
2 sise 12 flats
2 sise 6 flats
sise 1 flat (which I don't really use all that often)
my red snaz brush
1 wisp
and 1/4 angle

for an event I take twice that extra rounds, filberts and flats mainly.
and for both types I have a clean wallet of about 50 spares of various kinds in my bag. which includes extra liners, rakes, daggers etc as well. it also contains some brushes I have but don't use that often like the aurora (I think it is) flora (which I would love to use more) and angles which many people use but me not so much excet the 1/4. different sises of things. As very occasionally I will get an opportunity to use them- but I don't want them to be washed up and cleaned at the end of each day unsused seems a little pointless, but I still like to have them for that odd day you get asked

I just went through my general designs sort out what I use and think of those odd requests have a back up set see what comes out of it often enough to add to the bunch
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 am

I have at least twenty brushes if not more, I only use like five. One flat, Two round and two filbert. Its not a waste to have them out, but if your slow then you can wash and sanitize when your done, let dry and use again. I normally go to gigs or festivals by myself so Im the only one using the brushes. When I get busy and cant wash them right away thats when having alot comes in to hand.
ARTSY LADY
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down