Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Body Painting

2 posters

Go down

New to Body Painting Empty New to Body Painting

Post by gravenkiss Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:07 am

I have searched and searched and I can't find anything about body painting, well, nothing I am looking for anyway...

I am providing a quote for my first ever body paint. I have a couple questions like, is there any specific clothing that is easier to paint over (for the bikini the cust choses to wear or are they best wearing cotton underwear???)

Should I suggest she is free from any oils/perfumes/deodorants before painting???

Or can she wear deodorant? Are nipple covers the way to go?? If so where do I get them from??

If there is a thread that talks about all of this I apologise I'll head there straight away if somebody can shoot me in the right direction, I am about to give her my quote but she has asked for my suggestions as to what she wears under neath etc.

I have been painting for almost 2 years and I have done bigger areas like backs and the like, I have never used a primer or anything underneath the paint...is that suggested for body painting to last longer???

Oooooh so many things...

I'm super excited to do it, I just really want to get it right!!! Exclamation What a Face
gravenkiss
gravenkiss

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-06-30

http://www.tammysfacepaint.co.nr

Back to top Go down

New to Body Painting Empty Re: New to Body Painting

Post by fesspenter Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 am

Dear gravenkiss:
It is easier to paint over Lycra panties or thongs, than cotton. Cotton sucks up a lot of paint and leaves it wet, soggy and uncomfortable for the client.
Nipple covers are easier to paint over than a bathing suit top.
I have never requested a client to NOT wear deodorant.
There are various sealants and finishing sprays you can purchase to make the paint last longer if they are leaving the studio to go to a competition or event, or it is really humid.
If you are painting a metallic base for photography purposes... the finish may appear blotchy. Different brand names of paint differ in their ability to blend together.
Happy Painting
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by gravenkiss Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks so much fesspenter

I am just going to be painting a tiger or lion...but she will be driving to the party afterwards...how can she protect the paint?
gravenkiss
gravenkiss

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-06-30

http://www.tammysfacepaint.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:12 am

Use a sealant.
And, have her bring big beach towels to put on her car seat to avoid sweating against the seat. (A tea towel for around where the seat belt rubs on her collar bone.)
I do not know where to purchase sealants and face paints in Australia. I like the Kryolan spray sealant. Ben Nye makes a good one called Final Seal. My favorite for durability is Green Marble Sealant. (It does sting a little on first application, and I do not react to it afterwards. I allergic to perfume, a lot of make up, and some face paint... and Green Marble Sealant doesn't bother me. )

My sister lives on the Gold Coast, on The Island near Elanora. Where on the Gold Coast do you live?
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down