Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney fun

+11
Krissiemarie
JennyNixe
ashovoxo
Erica's Funny Faces
Rebons
fesspenter
Affordable Face Magic
mamakatrien
vegas mom
Miss Ronnie
amylady222
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disney fun Empty Disney fun

Post by amylady222 Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:33 pm

all right ladies--since so many of us love disney--i started this to talk all things disney--enjoy!

I first went when I was three to disneyland, but I don't remember anything about it.
We went again as a family in 1994--It was so fun! My parents took me to Disneyworld around 1999 and it was awesome! After married I told my husband he had to go, so we went for a quick weekend in 2001 and he didn't like it. He hates crowds and thought it was way over priced. I still had a blast. We went for the new year of 2001 to 2002 with my family again, and it was a bad experience. My mom and husband did not get along at that time and my hubby saw this as a relaxing vacation and my mom does disneyland like a marathon. So before we even started my husband and mom were butting heads. (they get along great now).
My parents and all my sibilings were there with there kids, (my parents rented a house) and we were in the living room pull out bed and my husband likes privacy--so that was made him grumpy from the beginning, plus my sister and her kids would wake up (because of time zone differences) a couple hours before we wanted to wake up and come to the living room to watch TV and play.
My husband, like I have said before, is VERY worried about money and thought the price of food was crazy at Disneyland and would not buy food there, so he would only eat breakfast--and was very frustrating when I wanted to eat and thought that I should be able to live off granola bars and the other snack foods we packed in--so that didn't help.
BUT I still love Disneyland and wish that I could go back. I was planning a trip to take my two oldest kids (my youngest would be about 2 1/2--so I would want to leave him home with dad and babysitters), in 2013, but plans have changed so I will have to see what the future holds.

Other disney stuff---my husband played an extra in the upcoming Disney movie "Lone Ranger" I am SO excited to see it to see if I can see him in it. There was some filiming done where it was just my husband and another guy and they did close ups, so maybe his whole face will be on screen, but then again, that whole scene he was in could be totally cut from the movie---you never know.
He never "met" Johnny Depp because extras will be fired if they talk to the majors stars, but he did talk to Armmie Hammer and the Director (the same director that did the Pirate movies and other big ones), and some other cool people.

one of my favorite trivia is Club 33--it is not secret as it use to be! i have a picture of myself next to the sign--people stared at me when we took it and I heard one guy say--what is so great about the number 33? as he walked past--if only they knew!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Disney fun Empty Re: Disney fun

Post by Miss Ronnie Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Your husband is an extra? How fun!

My family always did Disney on a shoestring because my Dad was only a school teacher and my Mom didn't have a career outside the house but would babysit a lot.

We traveled several times across country from NY to CA by station wagon (the old 60's Ford station wagon) with 5 kids and 2 adults because my Dad would take college courses at other colleges in the summer to advance his teaching job. We slept at rest areas in sleeping bags on top of picnic tables (would NEVER try this nowadays, though!) We kept an ice chest in the car and had bread, peanut butter & jelly, bologna& cheese and Kool-Aid in it. That's what we ate, along with occasional potato chips or Bugles. We took the ice chest into Disneyland, too - and put it in the lockers you can get. Then, when it was lunch or dinner time, we got the ice chest and ate outside the main gate in a picnic area.

Sometimes we would really live it up and have a roast dinner complete with potatoes and carrots by wrapping it all in aluminum foil and placing it on the engine of the car - it literally cooked as we drove long distances...
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Miss Ronnie--that is amazing! Your parents were pretty amazing if they did all of this for you kids (and them too I'm sure).

What is your favorite memory of the park?
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:25 pm

My most vivid memories comes from the first trip when I was 7... back then the whole animatronics (?) concept was in it's infantile stages. Today's generations are used to it now, but back then - well, myself and my siblings were sooooo amazed because everything looked so real to us. I absolutely loved the Jungle Cruise ride because I was such an animal lover. We literally sang "It's a Small World After All" in the car for the rest of the entire trip.

I also remember punching "Grumpy" of the Seven Dwarfs fame right in the nose... and to this day I don't remember why! Probably I was upset that he was a grump. My mother practically fainted from embarrassment at the time and made me apologize to Grumpy (I'm sure the man in the costume never felt it) who shook his finger at me.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm

I love disney!!! The first time I took my daughter I swore I would never dress her in those princess dressed... Well I have come to eat those words many times as she has Tiana, Snow White, a purple dress (Rapunzel) and a Cinderella dress. Only one is actually from Disney, but alll the same. She even has a pirate dress.. Everytime we go now, its the 2 hour wait for the Princess Faire and another 1 or 2 for Pixie Hollow.. My hubbies brother works (PT) fro Disney and produced National Treasure 1 and 2. You will see our last name on a realtor sign in the 2nd one I believe. When I was a single parent and took both my boys, I found it to be overwhelmingly expensive. I packed in lunches and waters, there was no extras to be had. I now love going and enjoying all that it has to offer..I love Downtown Disney, and Disney adventure.. Sipping a glass of wine under the vines outside... Cant wait to go back..
PS we need to find that door 33..We keep looking, but???? Also there are many hidden secrets about disney if you go online..
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:58 am

I went to disneyland paris with three of the kids a couple of years ago.
we stayed in the cheapest location, which was also the only location for a family of 5, since we had my mother in law with us. We gave her the trip as a birthday present when she turned 60. All kids stayed for free and had free entry to the park, but we still payed over 600 euro for three adults for one night in a really shabby disney caravan and a two day entry to the park.

As a gift it was well worth it, since she is a big disney fan, and she has been able to brag about the trip to everyone she knows for the past couple of years. So it must have been the trip of a lifetime for her.

More objectively, I find it extremely expensive. Everything in the park is overpriced: food, drinks, shops, and the entry tickets too. Also they allow far too much people in the park - I find it outrageous that each ride has a line of over 1 hour.
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:19 pm

I agree about the price--I figured for Disneyland it is about $10 a ride (when you break it down), not including food or stay.

We never go duringPeak Hours---we go in Oct or Nov-In California--that is about perfect weather for us Colorado people!

The door to Club 33 in Disneyland is actually inside one of the buildings.
You have to take an elevator up to it I think--and you have to be a member to even get into the elevator....I studied tons of disney stuff before going in 2001, but I have forgotten a lot of stuff.

disney Paris would be awesome, since I have never been out of the States. I think that the price is worth the memories in my opinion. Disney is a top class act. The food prices are a little crazy, but again I went online and planned out food before going so we knew the best/cheapest places to eat were--and we took snacks so we didn't need to buy a lot.
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:41 pm

What is this Club 33 you're speaking of?
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Disney fun Empty Margaritas in "Mexico" @ EPCOT

Post by Affordable Face Magic Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:23 pm

LONG story, but I had to share:
We were still in Massachusetts & our girls were 12 & 15 when we booked our 1st trip to DisneyWorld, FL in 1985. Flew 1400 miles. We stayed @ the Polynesian, where you could relax on the beach looking @ the castle & hop a monorail to return later for the parade & fireworks. They used to have "The Golden Key" plan. For a set price/person, ALL your food & activities were included! They lost $$$ on us! We waterskied, golfed, went horseback riding, went to water parks & ate @ all the best restaurants. You weren't limited to one entree or dessert, either. Needless to say, that plan no longer exists! I'll never forget our 1st time there...entering the Magic Kingdom in the Town Square, walking down Main St to the Castle. When the lights come on it's truely magical! Our oldest daughter decided that 1st trip that she was going to school in FL & going to live there. She was right! Thanks to her we all moved to FL & Disney is just a few hrs drive. Now we have wonderful memories...Our grandsons pulling the whistle on a "real steamy" in Animal Kingdom, our grandaughter becoming Cinderella @ the Bibiddy Bobbidy Boutique (a gift from a friend!) & their faces as they laughed w/delight @ the sights & sounds of that family fav...the parade @ "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party". For my 60th bday, we stayed @ Animal Kingdom Lodge & woke @ dawn to enjoy the animals. At night, the park rangers @ lookout point (for free) will lend you night vision goggles to watch the animals come out for a feeding. Finish the night off (after a day of free activities) by sitting around the firepit (back of the AK Lodge) in large & small rocking chairs, listening to a professional story-teller. Just call the lodge for a schedule of activities...FREE...& you don't need to be staying there. You can eat @ their cafeteria for a lot less.
OK, one more memory we just made: Finally went w/o any kids or grandkids...just some friends, for my 65th birthday. We ate our way around "World Showcase" @ the Wine & Food Festival. We just arrived back home & YES, we are blessed in so many ways! Here's a pic:

Disney fun 65th_114
[
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

During March Break, I took the girls to Florida, on my own, to visit family in Kissimmee, and in the Florida Keys. They were 7, 5 & 2.
We saw the inside of every washroom all over the Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. I did have a wonderful time. While I did not get to see DisneyWorld the way I wanted to, I got to see it through the eyes of my children. It was magical.

A few months later, we were talking about DisneyWorld. Madison said, "Oh! I remember DisneyWorld! Our luggage had green tags on them!"
I guess I did NOT have to drive to DW to make family memories. All I have to do is switch the tags that were left on our luggage from a prior flight, and drive around!

I am SO looking forward to visiting my brother and his family on my way down to Key West Fantasy Fest this year. I have red luggage tags. And, no children. Just my mumsy! We are celebrating her 70th birthday party during Fantasy Fest!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm

I wish I could come with you, fessy!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:21 pm

I would LOVE to meet other face painters in the Keys.
Pashur told me to stop by Paradise Tattoo, and perhaps we would go for a marguerita! (I would not want to take him away from his gorgeous work.) If YOU stopped by, Miss Ronnie, I would deeply honored to have a tasty beverage with you. Wear mosquito repellent! Um, and clothing. Or if you want, I could paint some clothing on you. I would leave your tramp stamp tattoo showing, though!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Has anyone had a Dole Whip? I want one--they look yummy

So funny about the green tags!

OK what is the story with the tramp stamp?
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 pm

So my hubby is Anti-Disney (with capitals) and my family is Pro-Disney (with capitals). We call my mom Grandma Minnie for Minnie Mouse--her name is joye.

My mom has wanted to take my kids and me to Disneyland forever, and when my sister announced that her family is going in Feb 2014 my hubby looked at me and said, "I will watch 'baby boy' (who would be 2 1/2 (not a fun age for me to take to to Disneyworld) if you and the girls want to go." I was floored and when I told my mom she cried. I am SO EXCITED!

My mom is paying for everything I can't pay for, but I am hoping to earn a little money this summer with some of my jobs I have on the side (pampered chef, face painting, child care) and save ASAP (coupons, no stupid spending).

I am not telling my girls till we are actually going. Plus I have a TON of ideas how to do it cheaply, but with lots of fun memories (like today I could a few very small travel games to do when the lines are long and the kids are bored).

Anyway--I am SO excited!!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebons Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Great news Amylady! we have had half of a Disney vacation and loved it.

How does one have half a vacation you ask? Well, my husband coaches varsity softball at the high school, and every few years the softball team does spring training at disneyworld in Orlando, there's a beautiful sports park. So I come with him, and drag our kids along, and in the course of one week, we get one full day and two half days in the parks... That's how. It's actually been great because we could NEVER afford Disney on our own. The teams fundraising pays about 60% of the cost for us too which I think is wonderful.
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Rebons--that is So Cool---

we study like crazy before going so we know exactly which rides to ride first and follow a plan.

My mom pays for a house for us to stay in --since when they go there is normally 6-12 of them--and a house works better--also we do this so that we can make breakfasts and pack our own lunches--

60% off DIsney is the way to do it!

That is pretty amazing and fun! What is your favorite ride?
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Never been to Disney but the kids 11,8 and 4 are all dieing to go! We did go to Six Flags (a nearby theme park) last summer and had a blast! We went on a cloudy day and the park was alot less crowded, we actually rode EVERY ride! I guess everyone was afraid of rain, it looked like it might but we got lucky... Laughing
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ashovoxo Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 pm

I love Disney World Smile I live in Kissimmee Florida so its right next to me and my Mom has worked for Disney since i was born so I always get in free Smile When I have my own kids I hope she still gets the benefits :p Theres no way to go to disney and not be happy its always such a happy place. Last year on Leap year I go to go to the first Disney all nighter the park was open 24 hrs. It was so cool to go on the rides a 3:00 am Smile
ashovoxo
ashovoxo

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://fearlessfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:28 am

WHAT ASHOVOXO--You just gained 10 house guests for Feb 2014 Wink

Really that is awesome! That all nighter does sound cool---what does your mom do? Really I think that is awesome---I have a fantasy about moving to Florida so I can home school my kids at WDW---ahhh--what a dream---of course I would have to divorce my husband and find a rich sugar daddy down there to take care of me--So don't think it is going to happen!

So you have any insider tips for all us DF (Disney Freaks?) Something that you don't read about in the guides, cause i have read 5 of them in the last week (yes my vaction is over a year away, but I am too excited!)---

Any chance you wanna do a house swap? I live in hickville (ok Sanford) in Colorado---you can live the country life for a week? Wink how good are you at splitting fire wood, and feeding cows?

OK this is for everyone---what is your favorite Disneyland or DisneyWorld attraction and Entertainment?

Mine is Rockin' Roller Coaster and the Lion King stage show!

amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 am

Erica, we used to go to that Six Flags when I was a little girl, back in the 16th century. Only it was just called Great America.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

oh i loved tarzan rocks, when i worked there, but they changed it to nemo, nothing beats a hot guy in a loin cloth.
Krissiemarie
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am

This was actually my first trip to any type of amusement park! I didn't have the best childhood... From left to right is my 16yr old sister, a friend of my daughter, Shaggy, my 11yr old daughter (10 at the time) , Me and my Hubby! (our younger to were to young to go)
Disney fun 18415811
I really HOPE to make it to Disney some day!
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm

I have always said that the top three hottest guys I have ever seen ---

2 at Disneyworld in 2000 and my husband

The guy that was the host--the MC--at the Tarzan rocks was super good looking and the guy that played the vampire in the halloween review (Universal--sorry not disneyworld)

Anyway--I digress--
Erica--I am glad you got to go to a park--I find that 6 flags doesn't have the same charm or attention to detail that disney does--but then again it is a lot less to go to them--

I have learned from my hubby that some things are just not worth the money---If you go to disney every ride you ride is about $10 when broken down....and the cost of staying anywhere near disney adds at least $100 a night (the actual disney hotels start higher than that a night). It is something you save up to do an do and make sure you have a plan when visiting

I will NEVER go during a "peak" time--it is crazy! I love going in October--but this next time we are going in Feburary (2014).
I know taking your own food helps break down the cost (my mom rents a house so do some cooking. We make breakfasts (grab and go kind) at the house and pack lunchs to take with us, so all we pay for is Dinner, which is expensive, but is budgeted in.

I really could write my own book on disney--PLUS I am doing some fun things each morning for my kids--A letter from Mickey for when we arrive (stuff I will do at home and bring with us), each day they will have a shirt with something Disney on it--I will do some iron on transfer stuff, some I will ebay, look for at yard sales this year, and all of that.

Anyway--I could talk Disney for a long time

Hope you all have a great day!
amylady222
amylady222

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Well, I have never been to the American Disneyland/World myself, but my husband has been to Disney World a few times, with his american relatives.

The nearest Disneyland we have is in Paris, France. We have to drive about 4 -5 hours to get there.
The first I went there was when I was at highschool. We went to Paris for 5 days and visited Disneyland 1 day. Disneyland wasn't that long open at the time, I think it was the first or second year after opening. What I remember most of it, is that there was one attraction, a sort of 3d movie/simulatorride, with Michael Jackson as Captain EO.

The second time we went there, I had won a 3 day trip at my work (at the time I worked at a travel Agency), with 1 day entrance included.
My daughters were 3 years and 5 months. I remember that they got a lot of attention from the personnel there..

We went for a third time, a few years ago, in 2009 with christmas. This time was the most fun! We went for 5 days and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge Hotel.
The girls were 7 years and 3 years old. They were so excited through all the days.
They almost constantly jumped for joy!! Very Happy Especially with running into the Disney characters. The most memorable moment was when we had dinner booked at a restaurant at the theme park. We booked a special arrangement (is that a good word for it?) that during the dinner there would be Disney princesses and princes present.
When we entered, no first you have to know that, our oldest daughter is absolutely not shy. She loves chatting to everyone she meets. Even people on the street, she doesn't even know, when playing outside, for instance. (We do mind her to be becareful with that, but that's besides the point)
Anyway , when we entered the restaurant, we instantely stumbled upon Cinderella in the hallway of the restaurant. You had the oppurtunity to have a picture taken of Cinderella with the children. But our oldest daughter, who normally isn't shy at all, became awfully shy!!!! She tried to hide herself behind the door! We didn't know what we saw. This was so not like her.... She didn't even want a picture taken with Cinderella. So funny!
Our youngest is more shy usually, but she let her self be put on a picture with Cinderella. But you can see on her face she felt overwhelmed too by it all.
During dinner different princesses and princes passed by, and you could have a picture taken and a autograph/signature. Our oldest wanted it with all of them except Cinderella. She just only wanted the signiature. Somehow Cinderella had made a deep impression on her, hahah Very Happy

We do have plans to go to Disney World and/or Disneyland CA one day, when the girls are a bit older, but we have to save money for it first....
Very Happy

Disney fun Disney10
Creabella
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 am

Disney is truly the happiest place in the world Very Happy !
I've been there three times with my three girls, grandson and two step kids.
My kids just love to get on every roller coaster... (not me). My husband and I enjoy Epcot, but just enjoying family time in such a magical place is the best I love you
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next