Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Paints for Blending?

3 posters

Go down

Best Paints for Blending? Empty Best Paints for Blending?

Post by MariasFF&BA Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:47 pm

It may just be me because I am new. I have mostly Tag but find blending sometimes a job. Even trying to get a thin layer of white for a clown the other night, I found I ended up wiping off what I already had on. Again, probably just me being new.

Sooooo, in doing full face and bellies, do you find a particular brand better for blending then others??

MariasFF&BA

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Best Paints for Blending? Empty Re: Best Paints for Blending?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 pm

All of the Chinese brands (TAG, DFX, Wolfe, etc.) have a higher wax content and are NOT great blending paints. If you double load the sponge (or use a split cake) you can get them to blend but, you can't go back to blend easily.

Grimas, Kryolan, Snazaroo, and the creams like Fardel and Fantasy Worldwide all blend beautifully.

Last edited by Shannon Fennell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot Kryolan!)

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:13 am

I find Paradise and Kryolan good for blending too. Again, they are softer less waxy paints and not as opaque as the TAG etc.
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 am

I agree, the softer paints like Kryolan and FAB blend well. Load your sponge with several colors first then they blend together on the face. If you wait in between layers, it will dry too fast and won't blend as easily. Wink
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down