Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work?

3 posters

Go down

Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work? Empty Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work?

Post by Kammy Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi all!

This site really isn't helping my little "problem" - if anything, it's making me even keener on face painting and more of a helpless addict. So...I was checking my bank account and it seems that with being out of action this week, I have a bit left over. Of course, it's going on face paints. Laughing

I found a UK site with a great price for Superstar paints (FAB under a different packaging), so I'm going to pick some of that up. Most of the opinions I've read have been positive about the brand, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I like the tiny Wolfe black I have, but as it's getting low I was wondering: has anyone used the FAB/Superstar black for lines? Is it any good for that? In your experienced opinions, would I be better with Paradise, Superstar/FAB or Wolfe for line work?

Let me know, so I can...y'know....make myself bankrupt. Ahem.

Thanks in advance!

Kammy xx
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work? Empty Re: Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work?

Post by Kammy Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Updated to say it's a moot point - I got restless (happens when you're stuck in bed!), read lots of reviews saying that Superstar Line Black is really good...and ordered that. I have a small stash of lovely things arriving in the next few days! Very Happy

I'd still like to hear people's opinions on the best black linework paint, though.

Kammy x
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work? Empty Re: Wolfe/Superstar(FAB)/Paradise for Line Work?

Post by martha Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Haven't tried the FAB for linework. Wolfe and DFX seem pretty comparable. I like them better than TAG for linework. Paradise is okay but the white does let color bleed through.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Gisrus Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:04 pm

I've used DFX and Paradise black for line work and prefer the Paradise.

They are both very similar but Paradise wins my vote.

I find Paradise and DFX white both disappointing. I've just taken delivery of Wolfe white and it's a totally fabulous product. I've not used it on a job as yet but I've painted my arm and legs several times over this week and have high hopes this weekend.

sunny

Gisrus

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-07-26

http://www.facepainting-ireland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:54 am

Thanks for the replies. Smile I like the Wolfe white, too - nice and opaque! Hope the Superstar/FAB Line Black is as good as the reviews said. If not, at least I got it at a great price.

Can't wait for my new paints to arrive. I'm all excited!
Kammy
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down