Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just sharing my "Monster High" face

+4
ambodyart
amylady222
facesbybelle
TinafromNY
8 posters

Go down

Just sharing my "Monster High" face Empty Just sharing my "Monster High" face

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Hope I post this pic correctly!
This was a quick face. I get asked for "Monster High", but those MH girls are just fancy makeup. So I copied the logo for my reference book and turned it into a "face" using spiderweb to join things. Then pink lips with black outline & glitter of course. It was at a birthday party, so I had to do it pretty fast ......didn't spend time getting the letters perfect, just the "feeling" of the font with the kind of letters and the pink/black, so letters could be better/fancier, but you get the gist. The little girl said "It's great...as long as it SAYS Monster High!". She was beyond thrilled when I showed her the final result. It was an outdoor party (hot & humid) with a bouncy house, but she was super careful with her face and when I left, it still looked great, lol, even though other kids had melted theirs off! Maybe some of you will like my basic idea for yourselves. Tina :-) P.S. I probably should have highlighted the webs with white too, but I forgot..next time!
Just sharing my "Monster High" face Img_8611
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Just sharing my "Monster High" face Empty Re: Just sharing my "Monster High" face

Post by facesbybelle Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Very cute Very Happy
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Just sharing my "Monster High" face Empty Re: Just sharing my "Monster High" face

Post by amylady222 Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:37 am

you are an answer to a prayer--litterally. I am doing a monster high party this week and didn't know what to do--do you have anymore pics? I am horrible at writting so I will leave that out, but you gave me some thing to work from! Thanks
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Amylady, Glad I could help! I would suggest putting the words in, cause there isn't much you can do for Monster High and the words are cool. It only took me a minute, even though I don't like to do words wither - I didn't get fancy, just the basic font, then I added a black shadow cause the logo has black behind the pink words. It was still effective and the little girl was thrilled! I'm adding it to my board for an upcoming festival! PS - sorry, no more pics, it's the only Monster High I've done! Here's the logo that "inspired me"
Just sharing my "Monster High" face Untitl13
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ambodyart Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm

I did a Monster High/Angry Birds party this past spring. I did not get any pictures of the faces I painted, but it turned out really neat. I ended up painting most of the girls as the characters. I sponged the whole face the same skin color as the character and did the make -up. I also offer colored hair spray so I used that as well. The boys were trickier, the birthday boy decided he wanted to be Ghost rider and I ended up having to do 3 of them, off the cuff. I had never done it before but it turned out ok. Prior the the party I practiced and practiced half face and cheek designs and NONE of the kids wanted any of those. lol. Below are the Monster High themed make-up photos I based the paintings on and one of the Ghost Riders.
ambodyart
ambodyart

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ambodyart Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:57 pm

oops. Sorry. I always have trouble uploading pics to this forum.

Well if you want to see it they are on the website makeupbysirin.com
ambodyart
ambodyart

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 pm

ha ha ha--just called the mom and she said that they have never seen monster high, the daughter just liked those invitations---so looks like princess's and butterflys will work instead, but I have some Monster High ideas if I ever need them!
amylady222
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Amylady! That's funny! Kids! I looked on your website but couldn't find where they were!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmorris1953 Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:04 pm

I have had to tell kids I could not do anything related to Monster High because I was completely unfamiliar with the characters and the movie. Now that I have seen this design, I have something to go by to make them happy! Thank you so much! If you come up with anything else, please share it with us!

mnmorris1953

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyofurniture Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Great job!
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:54 am

very cute, i like the skull.
Though I'm not sure about the black lip outline. At first glance I thought it was a mustache. (oops! lol my bad)

Perhaps a dark purple or red/dark pink instead?

I only even had one Monster High request and it was years ago, and I had no idea what the kid was talking about lol.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:37 pm

If you go on the Monster High official website, there are some great character pictures. It will give a good idea about how to approach and embellish the faces. The girls ADORE the eye shadow/long lash and lips part of it. And you can't have too many sparkles! I did a party a few weeks ago with ten girls who all picked the theme - very unusual. It was a roomful of Monster High designs, and they had a blast. I could do these over and over. It was different and fun.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down