Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Practice Head

3 posters

Go down

Practice Head  Empty Practice Head

Post by lourdes616 Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:25 pm

I am new in the Face Painting business... so i need to practice and i have only my son and my mon and sometimes they are not that cooperative with me.
I am consider to get a Practice head but i see so many brand names out there that i am overwhelmed. Does any one could tell me which one is the best skin texture? Neutral

Last edited by lourdes616 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled)

lourdes616

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-08-13

Back to top Go down

Practice Head  Empty Re: Practice Head

Post by rthling Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:16 pm

I bought a practice head from someone on here. It is a nice practice head, as practice heads go. I named her Anne.

She sits on my refrigerator. She never comes down to play.

I hate her.

rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Oh. I guess you should know why.

Her skin is plastic, so it doesn't absorb the moisture from the paint like real skin. It takes forever for it to dry, and the designs always look weird. Then she takes forever to come clean. I use acetone to clean her, but I have to be careful not to wipe off her eyes or eyebrows.

I'd rather paint myself repeatedly than paint Anne.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:26 am

LOL rthling, I had the same experience (except my practice head remains nameless). I see people on here post pics of awesome faces they've done on practice heads but my mileage very definitely varies. I'd rather paint myself. Roll on summer when my legs and arms become "available" for painting again!
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by lourdes616 Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:08 pm

I just watched in you tube a video Fo "wow stuff practice head". I saw good comments in here about it... I just bought it OMG! after reading your posts girls I am a little nervous. Plastic , paint will not absorb n weird looking .

lourdes616

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down