Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book week

Go down

Book week  Empty Book week

Post by elantaura Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I couldn’t find a book week thread and thought hey maybe I should start one.
For those who don’t know but I think many would. Every year in August, some schools do a parade where kids are asked to dress up as characters from books.

This year I have my two girls covered, each year however my son decides that he is going to wear a batman costume that is until the morning of book week when he sees the girls well planned out costumes and one and a half hours before school decides…. It isn’t good enough and wants something else?

(Aside from my personal beef with my son) I thought it may be handy to have a thread with some Ideas for book week!

There are many threads on the internet, but most mothers don’t have vast quantities of face paint at their disposal. So thought it may be good to have a list of Ideas with face painting in mind. For those of us who are both prepared, and those who have forgot until the last minute - As their child didn’t give them the note etc.

And some low cost Ideas, based on what we may have around the house. As most internet threads seem directed at costume, then if you have foresight face paint. Whereas my thought process is more along the lines of face paint - what else can I put with it?

Plus it is usually a time other than Halloween that my kids really, really want to be painted.

This year I have the:

Wicked witch of the west – Wizard of OZ e.g. cheap black witch costume lots of green paint

And a fairy – from a generic fairy book that my daughter has- we have a ton of fairy costumes and well fairy mask pretty easy and lots of glitter.

My eldest has booked next year as the Grinch - again with the green paint and a Santa hat as well as green clothes and green limbs

Any other Ideas in general? For others, future years when I look for this thread? Older kids? Inexpensive but well planned ideas? Last minute ideas? tweaking Ideas, things you have done in the past - (And for my son who I know is going to give me grief on the morning, and the mornings of the years to come!)
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down