Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair)

+17
a face painting mom
erica21
TheGildedCat
skjfunny
Astrid
joe_wibble
IamGinaW
leapinglizards
barbb919
rthling
zeebee
Miss Ronnie
Lauri Strandell
mhr2133
martha
SuzySparkles
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair) - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair)

Post by Miss Ronnie Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 am

Excellent point, Sandy....
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair) - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair)

Post by TheGildedCat Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:51 am

Watching Glori try not to crack up at Heather when she called it a vibrator was priceless.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:15 am

Thanks for the video link... didn't know it existed!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:42 am

Oh the vibrator mistake was soooo funny! I don't know how they both didn't laugh their heads off!!!
erica21
erica21

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:18 am

I know I thought they would crack up...hahaha too funny Very Happy
zeebee
zeebee

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:26 am

I'd like a vibrator... er, make-up air sprayer!

Size large, please - hey, I have a big round face!!!! Laughing
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

Omg Miss Ronnie, I didn't think I could laugh about this any more but your comment completely cracked me up! I'm supposed to be getting to sleep at a decent hour tonight but just had to log back on after seeing your comment. You are one wickedly funny lady!!! Very Happy
erica21
erica21

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 am

I saw these yesterday at my guild meeting. We already do hair feathers...why not? Anyone use just spray conditioner, the inexpensive chalk, and hair spray and have good results, or do you need to buy the ones from silly farm?
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:57 am

I just pulled that trigger. It is on sale, and there is a coupon code.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shellig Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:05 pm

I am still laughing about the "picking nits" comment right after you were talking about lice...
shellig
shellig

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am

This is a funny thread! Smile
That's a good idea about the spray conditioner! I think I am going to give this a go on a trial run...we'll see how it goes!
zeebee
zeebee

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 am

That sale is really tempting me! I use to have pink bangs, but it's such a pain to keep up and sometimes, I want to look professional and not have pink hair Wink This would be awesome when I want to have fun! Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 pm

One of my staff artists is a licensed stylist. Do note in many states one must hold a special license to touch hair. Here is our 2cents on color rub. Yuck! It is just too messy for fast applications. It crumbles as you use it becoming wasteful and messy. We however are using a new prodcut not yet fully launched, that she was invited to try, so I will report back when we play with it more. One run never tells the tell. But we like it so fari it is more of a cream application, less waste and more control.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zeebee Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:51 am

we tried it too but no go Sad too messy/not long lasting/not worth it!
but I think I will do it on my own hair every once in a while Smile
zeebee
zeebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:30 am

This is how we look at it in our booth:

It is temporary hair fun... not the more permanent stuff that salons offer. We charge $5.00 for a small handful of hair strands of color. The cakes cost $11.00 each so you are making a slight profit and also giving some girls something fun for the day.

Same concept as face painting.

They didn't seem that messy if you wear the gloves and have the customer wear the cape ($4.00 at the beauty supply store). Just need to get baby wipes out of the package beforehand so you can immediately wipe your gloved hands on the wipes before spraying the hair spray.

Fairs and festivals are not regulated by hair police and there have been women in our booth who own salons and still brought their daughters in for the fun stuff. They have been supportive and thought it was a great idea; chump change for temporary fun.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Faces Etc! Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 am

I have recently started using Hair Chalking in my business. I bought 48 soft pastels from a local art store (under $10), a straightner, a water bottle, a leave in conditioner ($3) and a package of 10 combs ($1 from Dollar tree) and a cup filled with alcohol to place the combs in. I wet the hair strand, apply leave in conditioner, apply pastel to the hair in a downward motion, and set with heat. I only do the ends... never the top portion because the steam can burn...

This is a picture of a girl who got it done at a party I worked.... Her mother said it lasted for 3 days....fading considerably with the 1st washing. I found that blondes hold the color more than dark hair does. (It doesnt last long on me but I constantly move my hair out of my face and behind my ears! lol) Hope this helps!! Smile

Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair) - Page 3 28369010
Happy Faces Etc!
Happy Faces Etc!

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 am

Seee but you can do much better than that with just a sponge and some face paint. I was at a party Sunday and I had just got done filling my sponge full of Havana night for this little eye design... so I did a streak through the birthday girls hair super quick. No heat.. Just a quick rub down the head
Silly Farm's Color Rub (for hair) - Page 3 Img_3010
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 am

I turned the Color Rubs over to my booth partner who is a haridresser... she uses them as accents in her funky fair-hair creations.

I have applied paint to girls and boys hair, too. It is fun and definitely shows up better on lighter hair... but I can only do that if I have no line waiting.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3