Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Pain due to face painting for so long...

+24
jlirie
anniel
bertiboo1
IamGinaW
Judy
maurs
FunFacesbyLori
Spectrum
Mirandas
Psalmbook
squiggle
TheGildedCat
TheSparklingLady
CottonKandyClown
Perry Noia
creative lady
Metina
Kristal
LoneWolf
JBax
AngieAnders
Just Jenny
Heather Timmons
SusannaMosley
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Back Pain due to face painting for so long... - Page 2 Empty Re: Back Pain due to face painting for so long...

Post by maurs Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:31 pm

You've given me some thought about this subject. I'm not the best for taking breaks but if we look at the normal working day in offices etc. compared to how much stress we put our body under...

After two hours work they take a 15 min (coffee/pee) break. After another two hours they take a lunch break that can range from 30 mins to 1 hour. Again they have a 15 min (coffee/pee) break in the middle of the next four hours. We're self employed, if we dont' look after ourselves, who will??
maurs
maurs

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Back Pain due to face painting for so long... - Page 2 Empty Re: Back Pain due to face painting for so long...

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Naprosyn prescription. OTC version is Aleve. Which is an NSAID - non-steroid anti-inflamatory drug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:21 am

Strengthen the abs. That will help achy backs.
Judy
Judy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.facefx.info

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:17 pm

If you are considering a booster, check out these:

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=yellbacom-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&m=amazon&f=ifr&md=10FE9736YVPPT7A0FBG2&asins=B000YFY64W

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=yellbacom-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&m=amazon&f=ifr&md=10FE9736YVPPT7A0FBG2&asins=B00029T4D8

IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Back Pain due to face painting for so long... - Page 2 Empty Neck pain causing dizzyness

Post by bertiboo1 Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi,would like some advice,I have been face painting for 24 days,every evening 3-4 hours per evening,my neck is now in extreme pain and I keep going dizzy,anyone help

bertiboo1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Telic shoes and a director's chair are my backs avers this year...
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:13 am

time for a break Smile or else be sure to move around, stretch, etc periodically
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bertiboo1 Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks

bertiboo1

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:32 pm

Dear bertiboo1:
Welcome to The Forum!
I face paint standing up 18 days in a row, 8 hours a day.
I used to sit, and I had terrible back pain.  Now, I stand, and I may have sore feet sometimes... and that is okay with me.  I can come home and soak my feet and put them up.  I cannot put my back up.
i have placed a "bed reading pillow" in my tall director's chair to push the child forward.  I also bring a few small pillows to make a 'ramp' if the child is too twitchy.... I have the child lay down on the pillows and I walk behind them and paint them from behind while they are laying down.
This year, I am using a tall 3 step ladder.
I LOVE IT!
The children clamber up by themselves and they cannot lean back away from me.  The parents cannot sit in the step stool, so there is another issue that is taken care of for me.  I am hired to paint only children 3 years and up.
Before the day begins, I am doing jumping jacks, planks, sit ups and lunges.  When I arrive at the job, and we are all set up, I do stretches for our shoulders, neck, arms, fingers, wrists, and ankles.  I have been trying to get my team to arrive earlier to do this with me  I suspect they think I am weird and old.... well, maybe I am both!
My back no longer hurts now!
xoxo

Last edited by fesspenter on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damned typos! I wish I could type what I MEANT, instead of what I actually type!)
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by bertiboo1 Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:59 am

Thanks so much for your help x

bertiboo1

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:12 pm

For those of us who cannot stand:
My niece Kathie, who face painted for years, taught me this method. Have the child sit, knees together between mine & place their hands on my knees. This prevents them from leaning further & further back as I paint them, which causes a backache.
If I bring my own chairs, I took Lily Walters Schermerhorn's  advice and found a folding camp chair (Costco) with arms. I ask all but the smallest child to lean forward, placing their hands on the chair arms. As long as I don't lean forward, I can paint all day!
Hope some of our suggestions help minimize your discomfort.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura-Lou Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Like many others my back (and mainly my shoulders!) kill me with long events. As a result I have a high directors chair for children to sit in and I stand. If they are going to be adults I try and use a bar stool so that they're the right height.

If you really don't like standing or you decide to sit, can I suggest kneeling for a while? It's not a long term fix but if the children are in a regular chair you can kneel on one of those gardeners pads. It straightens your back out for a while and gives you a 20 minute little break, after all 'a change is as good as a rest'!
Laura-Lou
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanery Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:42 am

I used to get it really bad in my shoulder blades, just ached. I'm a man so I'm taller than most of the other face painters. The director chair I have just isn't tall enough so eventually I built a stand to put my chair on which raised the kids up more for me. That helped a lot, no more hunched over painting. Also the first thing I do is position the child to my liking. I ask them to sit forward (so they are close to me to avoid reaching), then I raise their face up at mine and ask them to hold right there and be very still. Made a HUGE difference. Elevate them and get them as close as possible to avoid reaching.
Seanery
Seanery

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2