Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starblend Weirdness

3 posters

Go down

Starblend Weirdness Empty Starblend Weirdness

Post by bemusedart Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:50 pm

I got a white Starblend just a couple of weeks ago. I have played with it a bit on me and on others. Now I have crazy sensitive skin and makeup makes me itch, but good face paints don't. The Starblend has not made me itch, but my nose would peel a bit after I used it to make cat muzzles. My nose would crack a bit and when I scratched it, these dry paper like large flecks would come off.
Today I used it on my eye and forehead for a snow leopard half mask design. It made my forehead peel. Not a serious thick skin peel. But after I washed my face and rubbed my hand over my forehead I would have these little "pills" of skin on my hands and forehead. Now my skin is extra soft and smooth like all those fancy anti-wrinkle products claim to do. But what is disturbing is I have a few tiny shiney circles. Kind of like the beginnings of pimples or tiny welts. They don't hurt, but I wonder if the Starblend is drying my skin so much that it is sucking all that oil to the surface.

The Starblend doesn't cause any problems when I test it on my hand or inner arm or around my eyes, mouth and chin. It is just the nose and forehead. The peeling is worse on the nose, but the little shiney circles on the forehead are disturbing. On the plus side, my skin hasn't been this smooth in 10 years.
bemusedart
bemusedart

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-03-13

http://www.bemusedart.com

Back to top Go down

Starblend Weirdness Empty Re: Starblend Weirdness

Post by faceandbodyfx Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 am

That is really strange but When I used the starblends pink on myself I also had a reaction not the same as you but very red and a bit tender. Its as though my skin oils were sucked out. Weird but no other way to explain it.

Makes me a little hesitant to use it on the children though.

Anyone else had a reaction?
faceandbodyfx
faceandbodyfx

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-02-25

http://www.faceandbodyfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:58 am

I hope not because I fell in love with them today when I used them at an event. I had a tiger on all day and didn't have a problem a few weeks ago. Yikes!

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down