Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another TAG reaction

+2
Coral3
cattsy
6 posters

Go down

Another TAG reaction Empty Another TAG reaction

Post by cattsy Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:05 am

Ok, so I know I've seen at least three refences in the past couple weeks about reactions to TAG.

I have now experienced this, I painted my daughter on Thursday, I used the Petal one stroke

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=457

It doesn't say what colors but they're all pearl colors. I painted a one stroke crown on her, it was there for maybe an hour, then washed it off for her to have a nap, within about ten minutes of me washing it off I noticed that the skin on her forehead was red, and when I looked closer you could actually see the exact outline of where the crown had been.

Anyway I'm curious if we could compare notes, maybe there's something here that has to be taken to TAG?

Edited to add:
I've painted her plenty of times before and never had that happen, painted a pearl yellow and orange and white tiger and she didn't reacte at all from that, so iI'm wondering if it's maybe a certain color or batch of colors?
Trina
cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Another TAG reaction Empty Re: Another TAG reaction

Post by Coral3 Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:24 am

It's not just staining from the pink?
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:29 am

Definitely wasn't, it looked raised and when I touched it she said it hurt, bit she wasn't complaining about it though.

It also went away by itself without any further washing.
cattsy
cattsy

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 am

Maybe she has some king of allergies... I use mostly TAG every weekend on tons of kids and have never once had an issue. The only issue I have ever had was a parent said they had a little rash where the white was on their kid and I was using Wolfe..... So I think it is just a hit or miss thing. Try doing a patch test on her arm.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:05 am

TAG pearls can leave a decent stain ... I guess ultimately some people will react some won't. It's a numbers game. I mean people are allergic to lots of things and maybe they don't know till they are exposed to it.
JBM
JBM

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2010-10-18

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Henna-by-Riana/149537191765171?ref

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah, I love it when people ask if colors will stain. I usually say that there is a good chance depending on their skin, how moist or dry it is, how well their skin absorbs stuff. But assure them that it will wash of and the oil in their pores will push the extra pigment to the top.

We as face painters can't be doctors. I am just honest with people and say if you react to lotions, creams soaps or cosmetics, it may cause a problem.

I am still stunned though at people who throw their kids in the chair knowing that they will break out and still don't care.

-Metina

Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:08 pm

well the reason I bring it up is be cause I have seen at least three other similar reactions reported by people from TAG specifically (one with pearl black I know for sure I don't remember the others. The one with pearl black people tried to say she was too rough putting the paint on!! Like really?) in the last couple weeks. I DO understand that it is a numbers game, hell I react to DFX around my eyes, it burns my eyelids, but I was noticing a pattern with the TAG and the reactions that people were talking about.

Even me when I saw the first couple references lately I dismissed it as a particularly sensitive kid, or improper washing etc, but when too many people start experiencing the same thing you start to wonder.

All of us like to believe our products are safe, or we wouldn't use them, but things do happen, I'm just wondering if it was a bad run with certain colors, or perhaps contamination for a certain run?

But then again if I'm out to lunch I'll just shut up.
cattsy
cattsy

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:34 pm

All the makeup is hypoallergenic not non-allergenic. Big difference. Some people can develop allergies given time and exposure. That could be the case with your daughter. If I remember one of the other threads correctly, four members of one family reacted but there were no others. Reasoning behind asking if painter used a light touch with the paintbrush is partly because even micro scratches can break skin barrier and up the chance for a reaction. It's why they do scratch tests for allergens. I paint with TAG all the time on people I see from week to week and have never had a complaint. Not saying it can't happen but it wouldn't necessarily be an issue or contamination of paint. Allergies are becoming more and more prevalent in our world. I dare not take a dish with shrimp or mushrooms to family gatherings for feae of sending my son's father-in-law to the hospital. Do an internet search and you can find allergies to common normally benign things like cotton, rice, sunshine and even water!
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down