Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergic reaction to what??

+2
debranewmanart
rthling
6 posters

Go down

Allergic reaction to what?? Empty Allergic reaction to what??

Post by rthling Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm working on a few Halloween designs, and painted myself and my daughter today. I used TAG white as both bases, and DFX black on our lips. (pics below)
While I was painting myself, my daughter told me she had a horrible taste in her mouth. I told her to go brush her teeth. After I was finished painting myself, I noticed my lips and tongue tingling like I had licked the end of a 9V battery. I recognize this as an allergic reaction.
This was accompanied by a metalic taste in my mouth.
I'm not sure if it was the TAG or the DFX. I'm going to have to wait for the reaction to subside and then test both on myself.
But I have to tell y'all, I'm worried now. I'm scheduled to paint every weekend for the rest of the month! I guess I'm going to have to get some more Snaz. I was moving away from it, because I like TAG so much, but I can't risk allergic reactions. Meanwhile, there's no WAY it will be here in time for tomorrow. Gonna have to make a Michael's run.
Allergic reaction to what?? Copy_o17
Allergic reaction to what?? Vampir10
PS. This is my first attempt at both of these designs. I know they have much improvement needed... pirat
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Allergic reaction to what?? Empty Re: Allergic reaction to what??

Post by debranewmanart Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:38 pm

DFX will make my mouth tingle too. I don't have a problem painting other people with it though.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Might it be possible that the metallic taste is the iron oxide? I don't put paint on lips, I put lipstick so I've never quite run into this before.....
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by alezmata Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 pm

My daughter and I have the same reaction to Diamond FX white. I feel the tingling on my lips and even when I practice on my arm... my mouth feels kinda numb like after a visit to the dentist. I was worried at first, yet I continue to use it because of the great coverage and ease of application. I've used Snazaroo White too and if I remember I had the same reaction.. I believe Noella has the right idea it must be the Titanium Dioxide or iron oxides . Aren't they the ingredients in Diaper rash cream? Very Happy
alezmata
alezmata

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:39 pm

You still paint yourself with it, even though you react to it?
I don't think I would do that. I mean, I will have to paint myself with both of these again, to figure out which of them I'm allergic to, if not both.... then I won't use that one on my mouth again.
I don't seem to react to either anywhere else on my skin.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MonsterKat Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:30 pm

I get tingly around the lips/face with DFX...worried me at first but thats about as far as the reaction has gone so I've kept using it Smile
MonsterKat
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrinwagner Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:52 pm

I get tingling lips with every paint I have tried. Kinda fun after a while. It lingers after the paint is gone too. Nothing else comes from it, just tingling and numbness and that is it. Doesn't really bother me and I still paint it on other people and my kids too. I don't know, doesn't really bother me.
lorrinwagner
lorrinwagner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2011-03-08

http://www.wagnerevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down