Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So excited!

5 posters

Go down

So excited! Empty So excited!

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:07 pm

I did an event last night, it was a church event and I thought it was smaller than it was but I don't mind... Anyway, back to the point... It was amazing!

Such a great experience, it was my first event and I painted solidly for three hours!

The best part is that I can actually paint double the amount of faces that I thought I could in an hour! I thought I could only paint 10, but it turns out I can paint 20! In the three hours, I painted over 60 faces from my folder, and then several 'personalised' designs and extra small hand designs! Very Happy

On top of that, it really helped me to find out what were the most popular designs, who'd have known that my pirate would be more popular than my tiger!

It's a nice change to all the bad news this week anyhow... My other job in a supermarket promised me Saturdays off for the face painting and then have changed their mind... So I don't really know what to do about that... Sad

Any ideas?
MasterpieceFacePainting
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

So excited! Empty Re: So excited!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Glad it went well.

As to employers at the dayjob... I've worked for some that are completely supportive and will let me reschedule my shifts to work around gigs, and others that are completely inflexible to the point of refusing to allow me to even use a vacation day for a gig that was during a weekday with several month's notice!

My current employer is really great and I am able to say when I can work and even change the schedule after it has been put up (it helps that they are only open Monday to Friday 8-5 with no overtime.) Most of my gigs are during off time anyway but it is nice to be able to take the odd afternoon weekday job without stressing about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Congrats! Church events are so much fun Smile

I usually paint 25-30 kids in 2 hours, but last weekend I ended up painting nearly 45 kids in 2:15. I was told I would only paint half that, but of course, twice that many kids came. They paid me very well and apologized for the crazy amount of kids! LOL I was just glad to get them all done.

Each party tends to have a favorite. One party will be all Hello Kitty, the next pirates, and the next snakes.
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:28 am

Congrats!

That's a tough one w/ the other job... My thought are... and this is a bit risky, but I can be a bit of a risk taker.... I make more face painting than what I'd have made, say as a waitress or working as a cashier, etc. Can you find a job that's more flexible? If you want to treat your face painting as a business & another job is hindering that, it might be time to look somewhere else. If you had a 2nd job on weekends, they would have to accommodate that or replace you. Many people work 2 jobs that are not self employed & they managers accommodate them. Maybe if you explained to your manager that face painting is your business & you need to grow it. Since it's a weekend job you'll need those days off. Just my thoughts, but I've never liked working for other people & having them dictate my schedule.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 am

Congratulations! cheers
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilly Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am

Congratulations on your successful event! Hope you can work things out with your employer. Did you remind them that they agreed to accommodate your own business? Can you trade hours with a coworker on dates you have events?
Jilly
Jilly

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2012-02-09

http://www.jillmckinsey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down